GOLF 20/20 announces golf’s charitable impact of $3.9 billion
November 15, 2012
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. – GOLF 20/20, the collaboration of leading organizations representing all segments of the United States golf industry, today announced golf’s charitable impact of $3.9 billion in 2011.
According to a study conducted by the National Golf Foundation, golf as a fundraising vehicle includes an estimated:
• 12,000 golf facilities(75 percent of U.S. total)
• 143,000 events
• 12 million participants
• $26,300 average per function
“Regardless of the economic climate, golf is a key driver of charitable giving in the U.S.,” says Steve Mona, CEO of the World Golf Foundation, administrator of GOLF 20/20. “As a major focus of the golf industry, working with organizers of philanthropic events helps improvemillions of lives.”
Beneficiaries include health, youth, education, environmental and cultural groups nationally, regionally and locally.
More than 85 percent of organizations conducting golf events find them important because, in addition to raising significant funds, they are easy to organize and provide exposure and networking opportunities among supporters.
The charitable impact findings are based on qualitative callsand data collection from a coast-to-coast sampling of public and private golf facilities, and non-profit organizations producing golf events.
Donations, including those from professional golf tournaments, are a significant part of the golf industry, which is comparable in size to the motion picture and video industries.
To join the social media conversation, visit http://twitter.wearegolf.org or use #iamgolf.
For more information about GOLF 20/20: www.golf2020.com
- G-Mac Foundation helps to raise $700K at the 2017 Best of Ireland Dinner 01/23/2017
- CareerBuilder Challenge hosts 'Find Your Calling' 01/21/2017
- PGA TOUR joins AJGA as Official Partner 01/13/2017
- Tiger Woods Foundation, Discovery Education partner to offer digital education resources 01/10/2017
- Puerto Rico Open strengthens ties to Ricky Martin Foundation and its allies at Centro Tau 12/28/2016
- CVS Health Charity Classic reaches $20 million in philanthropic support to Southeastern New England charities 12/23/2016
- PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge presented by Myrbetriq donation leads to Boys and Girls Club program development 12/22/2016
- PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge continues to support charitable mission 12/19/2016
- BMW Championship raises $2.8 million for Evans Scholars Foundation in 2016 12/16/2016
- WinCo Foods Portland Open announces $1.25 million raised for charity in 2016 12/15/2016