GOLF 20/20 announces golf’s charitable impact of $3.9 billion
November 15, 2012
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. – GOLF 20/20, the collaboration of leading organizations representing all segments of the United States golf industry, today announced golf’s charitable impact of $3.9 billion in 2011.
According to a study conducted by the National Golf Foundation, golf as a fundraising vehicle includes an estimated:
• 12,000 golf facilities(75 percent of U.S. total)
• 143,000 events
• 12 million participants
• $26,300 average per function
“Regardless of the economic climate, golf is a key driver of charitable giving in the U.S.,” says Steve Mona, CEO of the World Golf Foundation, administrator of GOLF 20/20. “As a major focus of the golf industry, working with organizers of philanthropic events helps improvemillions of lives.”
Beneficiaries include health, youth, education, environmental and cultural groups nationally, regionally and locally.
More than 85 percent of organizations conducting golf events find them important because, in addition to raising significant funds, they are easy to organize and provide exposure and networking opportunities among supporters.
The charitable impact findings are based on qualitative callsand data collection from a coast-to-coast sampling of public and private golf facilities, and non-profit organizations producing golf events.
Donations, including those from professional golf tournaments, are a significant part of the golf industry, which is comparable in size to the motion picture and video industries.
To join the social media conversation, visit http://twitter.wearegolf.org or use #iamgolf.
For more information about GOLF 20/20: www.golf2020.com
- Jacobsen honored with GWAA's Charlie Bartlett award 02/17/2017
- 2016 RSM Classic raises more than $2.2 million for charity 02/17/2017
- Sebastian Velona inspires with 'healing hugs' at the Genesis Open 02/16/2017
- Meet the 2017 Farmers Insurance Open winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 02/15/2017
- Waste Management Phoenix Open 'Green Out' raises $100K for nonprofit environmental organizations 02/07/2017
- Patrick Reed AJGA Junior Championship honored with three awards 02/06/2017
- Marc and Audrey Leishman committed to raising sepsis awareness 02/06/2017
- Jimmy Walker Challenge earns AJGA's 2016 Newcomer Award 02/03/2017
- CDW launches “Tech Fore!” charitable giving program 02/02/2017
- BMW Charity Pro-Am announces 2017 philanthropic partners 01/30/2017