Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS Championship announces charitable donations from 2012 event
November 20, 2012
PITTSBURGH, Pa. – Thanks to tremendous community support throughout Greater Pittsburgh, a title sponsor in Constellation that values impacting non-profits in the host community and the selfless efforts of the tournament’s volunteer force and the Fox Chapel Golf Club membership, the Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS Championship generated more than $500,000 for local charity in 2012. The announcement was made by Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS Executive Director Joe Rotellini at a 2013 kick-off event held at Fox Chapel Golf Club Tuesday evening, November 13.
While The First Tee of Greater Pittsburgh served as the primary beneficiary of the 2012 Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS Championship, a total of 17 local non-profits received funding from the tournament, including Pittsburgh Pirates Charities, the Pittsburgh Penguins Alumni Foundation and the YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh. Included in the total donation to The First Tee of Greater Pittsburgh was Constellation’s $150,000 for the Deacon Palmer Endowment Fund, announced during tournament week and named in honor of Arnold Palmer’s father, Milfred J. (Deacon) Palmer. The Deacon Palmer Endowment Fund will allow participation for children in The First Tee of Pittsburgh Life Skills Clinics that seamlessly blend golf activities and life skill instruction.
“To generate more than $500,000 in our first year in Pittsburgh and to positively impact The First Tee of Pittsburgh and 16 other well deserving charitable organizations in this community is a truly remarkable achievement that speaks to the commitment of this community, Constellation as a title sponsor, the members of Fox Chapel Golf Club and everyone who played a role in making the 2012 Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS a success,” Rotellini said. “The Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS has a home in Fox Chapel Golf Club for the next two years and I know everyone involved with the event will work tirelessly to continue to allow this tournament to positively impact worthy charities throughout Pittsburgh.”
The Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS, which moved to Greater Pittsburgh for the first time this past June, recently announced a five-year extension with title sponsor Constellation and a two-year agreement to remain at Fox Chapel Golf Club through 2014.
“Constellation is proud to sponsor the SENIOR PLAYERS Championship and to help support non-profit organizations, such as The First Tee, who make such a positive impact in the Greater Pittsburgh community,” said Kenneth W. Cornew, chief executive officer and president of Constellation. “We look forward to another premier tournament in 2013.”
Dates for the 2013 Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS will be announced in the coming months when the complete 2013 Champions Tour schedule is released. Joe Daley captured his first Champions Tour victory at the 2012 Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS, holding off 2012 Charles Schwab Cup winner Tom Lehman by two shots. For more information on the Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS please visit www.cspgolf.com.
- Shaw Charity Classic teams with AltaLink for 2015 Birdies for Kids fundraising program 05/26/2015
- Four Purple Heart recipients awarded mortgage-free homes during the 2015 Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial 05/23/2015
- Lowcountry Foundation for Wounded Military Heroes raises funds for Birdies for the Brave homefront groups 05/19/2015
- Doyle Glass, Leigh Colpack named Regions Tradition Volunteers of the Year 05/18/2015
- Join the Crowne Plaza Invitational At Colonial's "Always On Charity Challenge" 05/18/2015
- Inaugural Lincoln Awards: A Concert for Veterans & the Military Family airs on PBS May 22 05/15/2015
- Big Break: Warrior Edition honors military veterans with television-inspired golf skills competition 05/14/2015
- CBS To Air "PGA REACH: Impacting Lives Through Golf" Special May 16 05/14/2015
- Wells Fargo Championship teams with Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave to honor two Purple Heart recipients 05/14/2015
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour Wives collect donated items for New Foundations Home for Children 05/14/2015