J.B. Holmes Inspires Young Family
May 15, 2012
By By Gene Wojciechowski, ESPN.com
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- If you need someone to root for in this week's PLAYERS Championship, J.B. Holmes would be a nice place to start. Then again, I'm a sucker for guys who keep a chunk of their surgically removed skull in a closet at home.
Holmes isn't one of the favorites to win the Players. In fact, he's barely a longshot.
Holmes is ranked 111th in the world. His last tour victory came in 2008. He's fresh from a final-round 77 on Sunday at the Wells Fargo Championship.
Mr. Momentum, he isn't.
But you root for him not because of his form, but because of his kindness. And because of that piece of skull.
- PGA TOUR Wives host murder mystery event benefitting New Jersey children in need 08/22/2014
- Parker's Make-A-Wish at The Barclays 08/21/2014
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield teams with Morgan Hoffmann on The Barclays walking challenge 08/21/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship distributes over $170,000 to local charities 08/21/2014
- 2014 BMW Charity Pro-Am raises $836,883 for South Carolina charities 08/20/2014
- Graeme McDowell wins #RBCGolf4Kids social media campaign for charity 08/20/2014
- RBS grants scholarships to participants of The First Tee 08/20/2014
- Morgan Hoffmann gives back while at home in New Jersey for the FedExCup Playoffs 08/20/2014
- The First Tee of Metropolitan New York inspires young women to be heard 08/19/2014
- VIDEO: 2014 Ian Poulter Charity Classic 08/15/2014