J.B. Holmes Inspires Young Family
May 15, 2012
By By Gene Wojciechowski, ESPN.com
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- If you need someone to root for in this week's PLAYERS Championship, J.B. Holmes would be a nice place to start. Then again, I'm a sucker for guys who keep a chunk of their surgically removed skull in a closet at home.
Holmes isn't one of the favorites to win the Players. In fact, he's barely a longshot.
Holmes is ranked 111th in the world. His last tour victory came in 2008. He's fresh from a final-round 77 on Sunday at the Wells Fargo Championship.
Mr. Momentum, he isn't.
But you root for him not because of his form, but because of his kindness. And because of that piece of skull.
- Shaw Communications announces campaign to benefit Graham and Ruby DeLaet Foundation 07/25/2014
- BMW Championship exhibition raises $45,000 for Evans Scholars Foundation 07/24/2014
- PHOTOS: Web.com Tour Wives partner with Midwest Classic to create "Camp Quality Baskets" 07/23/2014
- Jarrod Lyle: A survivor seeking to help others 07/22/2014
- Fred Couples joins Snoqualmie Showdown charity event on August 4 07/22/2014
- Darren Clarke receives Golf Foundation's ‘Spirit of Golf’ award 07/21/2014
- VIDEO: The First Tee visits The Greenbrier Classic 07/17/2014
- PHOTOS: Web.com Tour players shop for charity during Albertsons Boise Open 07/17/2014
- WATCH: Zach Johnson on his annual charity event benefitting Kids on Course 07/15/2014
- WATCH: Jay Haas, William McGirt talk about The Blade Junior Classic 07/15/2014