J.B. Holmes Inspires Young Family
May 15, 2012
By By Gene Wojciechowski, ESPN.com
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- If you need someone to root for in this week's PLAYERS Championship, J.B. Holmes would be a nice place to start. Then again, I'm a sucker for guys who keep a chunk of their surgically removed skull in a closet at home.
Holmes isn't one of the favorites to win the Players. In fact, he's barely a longshot.
Holmes is ranked 111th in the world. His last tour victory came in 2008. He's fresh from a final-round 77 on Sunday at the Wells Fargo Championship.
Mr. Momentum, he isn't.
But you root for him not because of his form, but because of his kindness. And because of that piece of skull.
- Zurich and St. Bernard Project use lessons learned post-Hurricane Katrina to help communities across America 04/24/2014
- Els and Compton unite in mission to make an impact 04/23/2014
- PGA TOUR players help wounded heroes enjoy a club fitting experience in New Orleans 04/23/2014
- Woods has a new tournament -- for amateurs 04/23/2014
- Zurich Classic teams with Ernie Els Foundation in support of autism 04/22/2014
- Junior golfers Drive, Chip and Putt their way through Augusta 04/21/2014
- Harris English launches birdies campaign for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital 04/17/2014
- RBC challenges 10 PGA TOUR players to 'play it forward' in support of children's charities 04/17/2014
- VIDEO: 2013 Charity Of The Year - Memory Matters 04/17/2014
- RBC Heritage, Ernie Els Foundation turn golf blue in support of autism awareness 04/16/2014