Bubba Watson Voted April PGA TOUR Player of the Month Presented by Avis
May 9, 2012
PARSIPPANY, N.J. and PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla.-- PGA TOUR and Avis Car Rental announced today that Masters champion Bubba Watson has been voted the April PGA TOUR Player of the Month presented by Avis. On behalf of Watson, Avis, the official rental car company of the PGA TOUR, will make a $50,000 contribution to The First Tee of Northwest Florida.
In a fan decision on PGATOUR.COM, Watson received 53 percent of the votes and outpolled Hunter Mahan, Carl Pettersson and Jason Dufner. The four were nominated by a panel of national media for their performances during the month of April.
Watson captured the Masters Tournament in a sudden-death playoff over Louis Oosthuizen. It was Watson’s first major championship and fourth career PGA TOUR victory. Two weeks later, Watson followed up with a tie for 18th as the defending champion of the Zurich Classic of New Orleans.
“Bubba Watson illustrated the world-renowned Avis ‘We try harder’ spirit at the Masters Tournament,” said Jeannine Haas, chief marketing officer, Avis Budget Group. “We applaud his extra effort and his success in being named April’s PGA TOUR Player of the Month. We’re delighted to contribute $50,000 to The First Tee of Northwest Florida in his honor.”
“Thanks to Avis, I am happy to donate $50,000 to The First Tee of Northwest Florida,” said Watson. “I have been involved in The First Tee program for years in Pensacola, and continue to believe that the program has a fantastic impact on kids. The PGA TOUR is making a significant push for The First Tee in 2012 and I am very happy to help support that effort."
For more information or to vote for the PGA TOUR Player of the Month presented by Avis, visit www.pgatour.com.
- Zurich and St. Bernard Project use lessons learned post-Hurricane Katrina to help communities across America 04/24/2014
- Els and Compton unite in mission to make an impact 04/23/2014
- PGA TOUR players help wounded heroes enjoy a club fitting experience in New Orleans 04/23/2014
- Woods has a new tournament -- for amateurs 04/23/2014
- Zurich Classic teams with Ernie Els Foundation in support of autism 04/22/2014
- Junior golfers Drive, Chip and Putt their way through Augusta 04/21/2014
- Harris English launches birdies campaign for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital 04/17/2014
- RBC challenges 10 PGA TOUR players to 'play it forward' in support of children's charities 04/17/2014
- VIDEO: 2013 Charity Of The Year - Memory Matters 04/17/2014
- RBC Heritage, Ernie Els Foundation turn golf blue in support of autism awareness 04/16/2014