Bubba Watson Voted April PGA TOUR Player of the Month Presented by Avis
May 9, 2012
PARSIPPANY, N.J. and PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla.-- PGA TOUR and Avis Car Rental announced today that Masters champion Bubba Watson has been voted the April PGA TOUR Player of the Month presented by Avis. On behalf of Watson, Avis, the official rental car company of the PGA TOUR, will make a $50,000 contribution to The First Tee of Northwest Florida.
In a fan decision on PGATOUR.COM, Watson received 53 percent of the votes and outpolled Hunter Mahan, Carl Pettersson and Jason Dufner. The four were nominated by a panel of national media for their performances during the month of April.
Watson captured the Masters Tournament in a sudden-death playoff over Louis Oosthuizen. It was Watson’s first major championship and fourth career PGA TOUR victory. Two weeks later, Watson followed up with a tie for 18th as the defending champion of the Zurich Classic of New Orleans.
“Bubba Watson illustrated the world-renowned Avis ‘We try harder’ spirit at the Masters Tournament,” said Jeannine Haas, chief marketing officer, Avis Budget Group. “We applaud his extra effort and his success in being named April’s PGA TOUR Player of the Month. We’re delighted to contribute $50,000 to The First Tee of Northwest Florida in his honor.”
“Thanks to Avis, I am happy to donate $50,000 to The First Tee of Northwest Florida,” said Watson. “I have been involved in The First Tee program for years in Pensacola, and continue to believe that the program has a fantastic impact on kids. The PGA TOUR is making a significant push for The First Tee in 2012 and I am very happy to help support that effort."
For more information or to vote for the PGA TOUR Player of the Month presented by Avis, visit www.pgatour.com.
- Deutsche Bank Championship hosts sixth annual 'Healthy Packs' event 08/28/2014
- Morgan Hoffmann walks his way to top-10 finish, raises additional $7.5K for charity 08/28/2014
- The First Tee of Massachusetts expands with help of matching grant 08/28/2014
- Justin Leonard finds a charity to come first before golf 08/28/2014
- Team International wins 2014 Notah Begay III Foundation Challenge 08/28/2014
- Third annual Keegan Bradley Charity Classic benefits cancer, opiate addiction research 08/26/2014
- The Principal Charity Classic generates $1.3 million for charity in 2014 08/26/2014
- PGA TOUR Wives host murder mystery event benefitting New Jersey children in need 08/22/2014
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield teams with Morgan Hoffmann on The Barclays walking challenge 08/21/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship distributes over $170,000 to local charities 08/21/2014