Bubba Watson Voted April PGA TOUR Player of the Month Presented by Avis
May 9, 2012
PARSIPPANY, N.J. and PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla.-- PGA TOUR and Avis Car Rental announced today that Masters champion Bubba Watson has been voted the April PGA TOUR Player of the Month presented by Avis. On behalf of Watson, Avis, the official rental car company of the PGA TOUR, will make a $50,000 contribution to The First Tee of Northwest Florida.
In a fan decision on PGATOUR.COM, Watson received 53 percent of the votes and outpolled Hunter Mahan, Carl Pettersson and Jason Dufner. The four were nominated by a panel of national media for their performances during the month of April.
Watson captured the Masters Tournament in a sudden-death playoff over Louis Oosthuizen. It was Watson’s first major championship and fourth career PGA TOUR victory. Two weeks later, Watson followed up with a tie for 18th as the defending champion of the Zurich Classic of New Orleans.
“Bubba Watson illustrated the world-renowned Avis ‘We try harder’ spirit at the Masters Tournament,” said Jeannine Haas, chief marketing officer, Avis Budget Group. “We applaud his extra effort and his success in being named April’s PGA TOUR Player of the Month. We’re delighted to contribute $50,000 to The First Tee of Northwest Florida in his honor.”
“Thanks to Avis, I am happy to donate $50,000 to The First Tee of Northwest Florida,” said Watson. “I have been involved in The First Tee program for years in Pensacola, and continue to believe that the program has a fantastic impact on kids. The PGA TOUR is making a significant push for The First Tee in 2012 and I am very happy to help support that effort."
For more information or to vote for the PGA TOUR Player of the Month presented by Avis, visit www.pgatour.com.
- PHOTOS: Furyk wins $10K for foundation during Jacksonville Jaguars promotion 12/19/2014
- J.B. Holmes to appear in Chiari Malformation awareness comic book 12/18/2014
- WGC-Cadillac Championship names United Way of Miami-Dade as official charity 12/18/2014
- 2014 Brian Gay Invitational nets $805k for Orlando children's hospital 12/18/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship names 2015 charity recipients 12/17/2014
- Quicken Loans helps Birdies for the Brave expand access to military tickets 12/16/2014
- DICK'S Sporting Goods Open announces $1.1M raised for charity in 2014 12/15/2014
- Furyk Foundation hosts third annual 'Hope for the Holidays' 12/12/2014
- Rotary Club of Kona receives $57,500 donation from Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai 12/11/2014
- Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial announces $9M raised for charity in 2014 12/10/2014