Bubba Watson Voted April PGA TOUR Player of the Month Presented by Avis
May 9, 2012
PARSIPPANY, N.J. and PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla.-- PGA TOUR and Avis Car Rental announced today that Masters champion Bubba Watson has been voted the April PGA TOUR Player of the Month presented by Avis. On behalf of Watson, Avis, the official rental car company of the PGA TOUR, will make a $50,000 contribution to The First Tee of Northwest Florida.
In a fan decision on PGATOUR.COM, Watson received 53 percent of the votes and outpolled Hunter Mahan, Carl Pettersson and Jason Dufner. The four were nominated by a panel of national media for their performances during the month of April.
Watson captured the Masters Tournament in a sudden-death playoff over Louis Oosthuizen. It was Watson’s first major championship and fourth career PGA TOUR victory. Two weeks later, Watson followed up with a tie for 18th as the defending champion of the Zurich Classic of New Orleans.
“Bubba Watson illustrated the world-renowned Avis ‘We try harder’ spirit at the Masters Tournament,” said Jeannine Haas, chief marketing officer, Avis Budget Group. “We applaud his extra effort and his success in being named April’s PGA TOUR Player of the Month. We’re delighted to contribute $50,000 to The First Tee of Northwest Florida in his honor.”
“Thanks to Avis, I am happy to donate $50,000 to The First Tee of Northwest Florida,” said Watson. “I have been involved in The First Tee program for years in Pensacola, and continue to believe that the program has a fantastic impact on kids. The PGA TOUR is making a significant push for The First Tee in 2012 and I am very happy to help support that effort."
For more information or to vote for the PGA TOUR Player of the Month presented by Avis, visit www.pgatour.com.
- Price Cutter Charity Championship gifts more than $905,000 to Missouri children’s charities 11/30/2016
- The Mission Continues: 10-Years of Birdies for the Brave 11/28/2016
- PGA TOUR distributes 300 Thanksgiving baskets to Northeast Florida families 11/18/2016
- Record-setting charitable donation announced for 10th playing of the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship 11/17/2016
- Mentoring Matters: Golfing Turns Into Life Lessons At First Tee Miami 11/16/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives Wiffle Ball Classic at The RSM Classic raises $35,000 11/16/2016
- Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide donates $1,676,500 to Nationwide Children’s Hospital 11/15/2016
- OHL Mayakoba Classic donates 100 wheelchairs in Mexico 11/12/2016
- THE PLAYERS announces $8.5 million raised for charity in 2016 11/03/2016
- John Deere Classic announces $10.5 million raised for nearly 500 charities in 2016 11/03/2016