Martina McBride Sets Special Performance at Northern Trust Open
January 9, 2012
LOS ANGELES—Grammy Award-winning country music superstar Martina McBride will stage a special performance at Nokia Theatre L.A. live at 8 p.m. on Feb. 14 during the Northern Trust Open. Proceeds will benefit the charitable partners of the tournament.
Tickets for “Martina McBride Live In Concert Supporting PGA TOUR Charities” go on sale Jan. 13 at 10 a.m. EST via Ticketmaster, Ticketmaster outlet or via Ticketmaster charge-by-phone (800-745-3000).
In addition, fans who purchase tickets to the performance gain free grounds admission to the Northern Trust Open’s third or final round, Feb. 18 or 19. The Northern Trust Open, one of the longest-running, most storied events on the PGA TOUR, returns to Pacific Palisades, Calif., and historic Riviera Country Club, February 14-19.
“I’m very excited and honored to be a part of this event,” said McBride. “It’s an honor to share this performance with my fans through the PGA TOUR as a way to generate money for charities throughout Los Angeles.”
“The Northern Trust Open is more than just a golf tournament. It’s a community event that strives to have a positive impact throughout Los Angeles,” said Northern Trust Open Executive Director Jerry West. “We are thrilled that Martina McBride is offering her time and amazing talents to help kick off tournament week and raise additional dollars for the many deserving charities in this community that need our assistance. We look forward to what promises to be an unforgettable performance and to welcoming her many fans to Riviera Country Club on the weekend to watch the best golfers in the world vie for the Northern Trust Open title.”
With one of the most spectacular voices in any genre of music, Martina McBride is a four-time CMA Female Vocalist of the Year, three-time ACM Female Vocalist of the Year and Grammy-winning recording artist with more than 18 million album sales. McBride recently released her 11th studio album, "Eleven." Her current single, “I’m Gonna Love You Through It,” is nominated for a Grammy.
McBride also works with a variety of charities. She is currently the spokeswoman for the National Domestic Violence Hotline, as well as for the National Network to End Domestic Violence. McBride is also heavily involved in raising breast cancer awareness as the “Pink Together” ambassador. She most recently rode an Amtrak train all the way across the country, making 11 stops along the way to meet with breast cancer survivors and their supporters. The final stop of the journey was New York’s Empire State Building, where she lit the building pink for breast cancer awareness and became the first artist in history to perform on top of the building.
The 2011 Northern Trust Open raised $1.6 million for deserving non-profit organizations in the Los Angeles area, bringing the total generated for Los Angeles charities since the event’s inception to $53.5 million. It is estimated that the Northern Trust Open helps 15,000 Los Angeles residents each year, which includes 5,000 kids who are cared for in programs like The First Tee of Los Angeles County, Agassi All-Stars of Safe Passage Tennis Program, Foster Family Picnic, Ready to Learn, LA Watts Summer Games and the Riordan Volunteer Leadership Development Program.
Country music artist David Nail will open for McBride. Nail’s single, “Let It Rain,” is currently No. 2 on the Billboard Country Songs chart and No. 1 on Mediabase.
For tickets to “Martina McBride Live In Concert Supporting PGA TOUR Charities,” visit www.Ticketmaster.com. For more information or for Northern Trust Open ticket information, visit www.northerntrustopen.com.
- PGA TOUR to donate $100,000 to West Virginia Flood Relief 06/28/2016
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives art party, plane dedication event at FedEx St. Jude Classic 06/09/2016
- Constellation joining forces with Fiorenza’s Food for Friends to fight hunger through 2016 Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS Championship 06/08/2016
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR players bring day of fun to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital 06/08/2016
- PGA TOUR players take First Tee of Memphis participants inside the ropes at the FedEx St. Jude Classic 06/07/2016
- 2016 Sony Open in Hawaii raises $1 million for local charities 06/07/2016
- Enduring Hearts and Erik Compton Foundation Join Forces for Charity Golf Outing 06/06/2016
- 2016 Valspar Championship presented by BB&T announces increased charitable contributions 06/06/2016
- PHOTO: Meet the winner of the 2016 DEAN & DELUCA Invitational volunteer challenge 06/06/2016
- Jason, Ellie Day's Brighter Days Foundation to host second annual fundraiser 06/06/2016