Liberty Mutual Insurance to Host Free Concert Featuring The Charlie Daniels Band, Little Big Town in Savannah on April 20
March 23, 2012
SAVANNAH, Ga. -- Officials with the Liberty Mutual Insurance Legends of Golf today announced a community concert in Savannah’s historic Forsyth Park to be held at 8:15 p.m. on Friday, April 20. The concert, free of charge and open to the public courtesy of Liberty Mutual Insurance, will feature southern rock legends The Charlie Daniels Band and country stars Little Big Town.
Celebrating a decade in Savannah, the Liberty Mutual Insurance Legends of Golf returns to the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa on April 16-22 and features a total of three team competitions during the week, starting with the Demaret Division (ages 70+) on Monday and Tuesday, followed by the Raphael Division on Friday and Saturday (ages 50-69). Official competition begins with the Legends Division (ages 50+), a 54-hole better-ball competition featuring a $2.7 million purse, on Friday, April 20.
"Last year’s concert was a huge success, it was estimated that over 10,000 people from the community came out to Forsyth Park and enjoyed the show,” said executive director of the Liberty Mutual Insurance Legends of Golf, Joe Rotellini. “This year we’re kicking it up a notch by bringing in two headlining acts, The Charlie Daniels Band and Little Big Town, to celebrate the tournament’s 10th year in Savannah. We are honored to have such a wonderful partner in Liberty Mutual Insurance, the event’s sponsor of 33 years, and encourage everyone to come out and enjoy this free concert.”
The Charlie Daniels Band’s wildly popular “The Devil Went Down to Georgia,” became a platinum single, topped both country and pop charts, won a Grammy Award and earned three Country Music Association trophies. Daniels’ sound transcends generations, with hits like “In America,” “Uneasy Rider,” “The South’s Gonna Do It,” “Long Haired Country Boy” and “Still in Saigon,” that feature a unique blend of folk, Southern blues, country fiddle and electric rock.
Critically acclaimed platinum-selling group Little Big Town first entered the music scene over 14 years ago with hits such as "Boondocks," "Bring It On Home," and "Good as Gone." Their fourth studio album and chart-topping release on Capitol Records Nashville, The Reason Why, received rave critical acclaim and produced Grammy-nominated single "Little White Church." Collectively, the group has earned eight ACM nominations, nine CMA Awards nominations and four GRAMMY nominations.
For more information about the Liberty Mutual Insurance Legends of Golf or to purchase tournament tickets, please visit www.lmilog.com or call 912-236-1333.
- PGA TOUR teams with Nike Oven to create unique Make-A-Wish experience for leukemia patient 08/28/2015
- VIDEO: 98-year-old Dick's Sporting Goods Open volunteer still going strong 08/28/2015
- A fitting honor for two wounded heroes at the Wyndham Championship 08/25/2015
- Spieth makes special appearance during The First Tee Classic at Liberty National Golf Club 08/24/2015
- 2015 BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation raises more than $758K for charity 08/19/2015
- Els named 2015 Payne Stewart Award recipient 08/19/2015
- Shell Houston Open recognized nationally with Gold Level Certification by Council for Responsible Sport 08/19/2015
- Wyndham Championship supports local Piedmont Triad community during tournament week 08/18/2015
- The Els Center of Excellence opens its doors to students 08/17/2015
- PGA TOUR Wives team with PGA of America spouses, Kohler to promote literacy 08/13/2015