TPC Network Joins Forces with ClubCorp, Heritage Golf Group and Golf Channel’s GolfNow.com to Support The First Tee Campaign for 10 Million Young People
March 19, 2012
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, FL-- TPC and ClubCorp properties across the U.S. will join forces in the spring of 2012 to host a series of fundraising events benefiting The First Tee– a non-profit youth development organization that promotes character-building among young people through the game of golf. The “Tee It Up for The First Tee” fundraising initiative is part of The First Tee Campaign for 10 Million Young People, a comprehensive effort to raise $100 million which will enable the organization’s character education and life skills programs to positively influence 10 million more young people between now and 2017. Also participating in this initiative will be properties from Heritage Golf Group, raising the total number of participating properties to more than 115 across the country.
Golf Channel’s GolfNow.com also is teaming up as the initiative’s technology solutions partner and tee times service provider for the courses participating in the Campaign. The partnership is a part of Golf Channel’s commitment to The First Tee as its Proud Media Partner.
In April 2012, each participating golf property will customize its own fundraising program, with proceeds benefiting The First Tee. Many private clubs will open their doors to non-members on one or more designated days, with green fee proceeds donated to the Campaign. For a list of participating golf clubs, information on fundraising activities, to book a tee time or to make online donations to The First Tee, please visit www.thefirsttee.org/campaign.
“We are delighted to join with these wonderful club operators to help make a significant difference in the lives of young people through our support for the extraordinary work done by The First Tee,” said David Pillsbury, president of PGA TOUR Golf Course Properties and EVP, Championship Management. “This initiative aligns perfectly with the PGA TOUR’s ‘Together, anything’s possible‘ charitable mission and we are confident golfers will appreciate the opportunity to play some of the country’s finest golf courses while supporting such an outstanding cause.”
ClubCorp CEO Eric Affeldt echoed those sentiments, saying, “It’s a privilege to support The First Tee’s admirable mission of promoting character building among young people through this cooperative fundraising initiative. The First Tee does an outstanding job of not only helping to instill in young people the many positive values the game of golf teaches, but also helping to prepare them for life off the course.”
In addition to opening their doors to non-member play for the benefit of The First Tee, many clubs will be hosting member/guest events on Friday, April 27, and the week will finish with a Family Golf Day on Sunday, April 29. Tee It Up for The First Tee will be followed by an online auction featuring golf stay and play packages, PGA TOUR memorabilia, custom-fit gear, and instructional packages.
The First Tee Campaign for 10 Million Young People will culminate October 7-8, 2012, with a golf event at Pebble Beach that will include lead donors to the Campaign playing alongside PGA TOUR, LPGA and Champions Tour players.
For more information on The First Tee and its Campaign for 10 Million Young People, please visit www.thefirsttee.org/campaign.
- Hole in W-O-N: Words with Friends competition leads to $10,000 First Tee donation 12/09/2013
- Memory Matters named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year 12/06/2013
- Kathy Evans named 2013 Champions Tour Volunteer of the Year 12/06/2013
- Darlene Riggs named 2013 PGA TOUR Volunteer of the Year for commitment to THE PLAYERS Championship 12/06/2013
- PHOTOS: Kevin Chappell visits Children's Hospital Central California 12/05/2013
- Gary Player Foundation celebrates 30th anniversary by reaching new record in giving 12/04/2013
- Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity 12/04/2013
- KJ Choi pledges $100,000 to Typhoon Haiyan Relief in the Philippines 12/04/2013
- Web.com Tour's Price Cutter Charity Championship nears $11 million in charitable giving 12/02/2013
- Hyundai Tournament of Champions announces 5K run/walk to benefit children fighting cancer 12/02/2013