The First Tee Launches Exclusive eBay Charity Auction
June 6, 2012
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla.-- The First Tee, in partnership with the PGA TOUR, today announced the launch of an eBay charity auction featuring exclusive golf experiences and memorabilia to benefit The First Tee Campaign for 10 Million Young People.
The charity auction will begin on Tuesday, June 5 and run through Friday, June 15 (1 p.m. EST) with all proceeds going directly to The First Tee, an organization dedicated to helping young people develop character and learn life skills through the game of golf. The event will be hosted by eBay and administered through Kompolt as part of their charitable giving initiatives and support of The First Tee Campaign for 10 Million Young People.
By visiting www.ebay.com/thefirsttee, fans can support the campaign through bidding on over 40 unique and high-end golf packages, memorabilia and once-in-a-lifetime experiences donated through the PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Experiences, ClubCorp, Inspirato and more. Items include:
• Exclusive TOUR Player experience package at TPC Sawgrass including a TaylorMade custom fitting session, a set of TaylorMade clubs and lunch with PGA TOUR Commissioner Tim Finchem
• A two-night Palm Springs getaway at Mission Hills Country Club and a round of golf with Major League Baseball Hall of Famer Johnny Bench
• An exclusive inside-the-ropes experience for two at The Barclays 2012 at The Black Course at Bethpage State Park – complimentary rental car provided by AVIS
• A Caddy For A Cure experience with Sergio Garcia at The Barclays 2012 at The Black Course at Bethpage State Park – complimentary rental car provided by AVIS
The First Tee Campaign for 10 Million Young People is a large-scale effort to raise $100 million by the end of 2012, which will allow The First Tee to expand its programs at chapters, in schools and at other youth-serving locations, with the goal of reaching 10 million additional young people between 2011 and 2017. Since the July 2011 launch at the Nature Valley First Tee Open at Pebble Beach, more than $72 million has been pledged to the Campaign.
The First Tee reaches young people on more than 700 golf courses, at more than 4,800 elementary schools in 650 school districts and on 120 military installations.
For more information about the auction, please visit www.ebay.com/thefirsttee. Additional information on The First Tee Campaign for 10 Million Young People can be found at www.thefirsttee.org/campaign.
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour player families visit children's hospital during BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX 05/17/2013
- VIDEO: PGA TOUR $2 Billion & Beyond -- Verlyncia's Story 05/16/2013
- Leishman hoping golf can help heal Newtown 05/16/2013
- Zach Johnson Foundation to host charity volleyball tournament benefitting Iowa children on May 17 05/15/2013
- PHOTOS: Adamonis hosts Fathers for a Cure Golf Classic in Rhode Island 05/15/2013
- Junior golfer playing 50 courses in 50 days to raise funds for education 05/14/2013
- PGA TOUR helps Make-A-Wish grant trip of a lifetime to THE PLAYERS 05/10/2013
- Caddies take aim at TPC Sawgrass to honor one of their own 05/08/2013
- PGA TOUR players trade clubs for caddie bibs at TOUR Wives Golf Classic 05/07/2013
- Pairings for TOUR Wives Golf Classic released 05/06/2013