The First Tee Launches Exclusive eBay Charity Auction
June 6, 2012
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla.-- The First Tee, in partnership with the PGA TOUR, today announced the launch of an eBay charity auction featuring exclusive golf experiences and memorabilia to benefit The First Tee Campaign for 10 Million Young People.
The charity auction will begin on Tuesday, June 5 and run through Friday, June 15 (1 p.m. EST) with all proceeds going directly to The First Tee, an organization dedicated to helping young people develop character and learn life skills through the game of golf. The event will be hosted by eBay and administered through Kompolt as part of their charitable giving initiatives and support of The First Tee Campaign for 10 Million Young People.
By visiting www.ebay.com/thefirsttee, fans can support the campaign through bidding on over 40 unique and high-end golf packages, memorabilia and once-in-a-lifetime experiences donated through the PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Experiences, ClubCorp, Inspirato and more. Items include:
• Exclusive TOUR Player experience package at TPC Sawgrass including a TaylorMade custom fitting session, a set of TaylorMade clubs and lunch with PGA TOUR Commissioner Tim Finchem
• A two-night Palm Springs getaway at Mission Hills Country Club and a round of golf with Major League Baseball Hall of Famer Johnny Bench
• An exclusive inside-the-ropes experience for two at The Barclays 2012 at The Black Course at Bethpage State Park – complimentary rental car provided by AVIS
• A Caddy For A Cure experience with Sergio Garcia at The Barclays 2012 at The Black Course at Bethpage State Park – complimentary rental car provided by AVIS
The First Tee Campaign for 10 Million Young People is a large-scale effort to raise $100 million by the end of 2012, which will allow The First Tee to expand its programs at chapters, in schools and at other youth-serving locations, with the goal of reaching 10 million additional young people between 2011 and 2017. Since the July 2011 launch at the Nature Valley First Tee Open at Pebble Beach, more than $72 million has been pledged to the Campaign.
The First Tee reaches young people on more than 700 golf courses, at more than 4,800 elementary schools in 650 school districts and on 120 military installations.
For more information about the auction, please visit www.ebay.com/thefirsttee. Additional information on The First Tee Campaign for 10 Million Young People can be found at www.thefirsttee.org/campaign.
- Principal Charity Classic's “FORE Our Kids” named 2013 Champions Tour Charity of the Year 12/12/2013
- Brian Gay Invitational raises more than $410,000 to benefit Florida Hospital for Children 12/11/2013
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship announces record-setting charitable donation 12/10/2013
- Words with Friends competition leads to $10,000 First Tee donation 12/09/2013
- Darlene Riggs named 2013 PGA TOUR Volunteer of the Year for commitment to THE PLAYERS Championship 12/06/2013
- Memory Matters named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year 12/06/2013
- Kathy Evans named 2013 Champions Tour Volunteer of the Year 12/06/2013
- PHOTOS: Kevin Chappell visits Children's Hospital Central California 12/05/2013
- KJ Choi pledges $100,000 to Typhoon Haiyan Relief in the Philippines 12/04/2013
- Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity 12/04/2013