Scott Verplank Hosts Charity Golf Event at Oak Tree National
June 26, 2012
This story originally appeared on OKState.com.
The event benefits the Scott and Kim Verplank Foundation, which will provide college scholarships for young people diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes.
A variety of celebrities from the PGA TOUR, college athletics and the entertainment world assembled to support the cause.
Several participants with Oklahoma State ties were on hand, including PGA TOUR star Rickie Fowler, Cowboy football head coach Mike Gundy, former Major League Baseball standout Mickey Tettleton, National Football League Hall of Fame member Thurman Thomas, former Cowboy golf All-American Kevin Tway and PGA TOUR standout Bo Van Pelt.
For more information about the Scott and Kim Verplank Foundation, visit VerplankFoundation.com.
- Hole in W-O-N: Words with Friends competition leads to $10,000 First Tee donation 12/09/2013
- Memory Matters named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year 12/06/2013
- Kathy Evans named 2013 Champions Tour Volunteer of the Year 12/06/2013
- Darlene Riggs named 2013 PGA TOUR Volunteer of the Year for commitment to THE PLAYERS Championship 12/06/2013
- PHOTOS: Kevin Chappell visits Children's Hospital Central California 12/05/2013
- Gary Player Foundation celebrates 30th anniversary by reaching new record in giving 12/04/2013
- Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity 12/04/2013
- KJ Choi pledges $100,000 to Typhoon Haiyan Relief in the Philippines 12/04/2013
- Web.com Tour's Price Cutter Charity Championship nears $11 million in charitable giving 12/02/2013
- Hyundai Tournament of Champions announces 5K run/walk to benefit children fighting cancer 12/02/2013