Scott Verplank Hosts Charity Golf Event at Oak Tree National
June 26, 2012
This story originally appeared on OKState.com.
The event benefits the Scott and Kim Verplank Foundation, which will provide college scholarships for young people diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes.
A variety of celebrities from the PGA TOUR, college athletics and the entertainment world assembled to support the cause.
Several participants with Oklahoma State ties were on hand, including PGA TOUR star Rickie Fowler, Cowboy football head coach Mike Gundy, former Major League Baseball standout Mickey Tettleton, National Football League Hall of Fame member Thurman Thomas, former Cowboy golf All-American Kevin Tway and PGA TOUR standout Bo Van Pelt.
For more information about the Scott and Kim Verplank Foundation, visit VerplankFoundation.com.
- Texas-Oklahoma storm relief support at the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial 05/23/2013
- Smith turns a good laugh into a great cause 05/22/2013
- Fowler, Mahan join tornado relief effort 05/22/2013
- Beljan pledges support to Texas tornado victims 05/22/2013
- Support Oklahoma tornado victims 05/22/2013
- PGA TOUR players pledge support to Oklahoma tornado victims 05/21/2013
- Tiger Woods, Rickie Flower headline sixth annual Notah Begay III Challenge 05/20/2013
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour player families visit children's hospital during BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX 05/17/2013
- Leishman hoping golf can help heal Newtown 05/16/2013
- VIDEO: PGA TOUR $2 Billion & Beyond -- Verlyncia's Story 05/16/2013