Charles Schwab Cup Championship Announces TICKETS Fore CHARITY™ Program
June 22, 2012
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.-- Tournament officials at the Charles Schwab Cup Championship announced that Scottsdale-Phoenix area charitable organizations will have the opportunity to participate in TICKETS Fore CHARITY, an innovative fundraising platform designed to improve the quality of life in communities where PGA TOUR and Champions Tour events are held. Presented by the Charles Schwab Foundation, the program will offer registered 501 (c)(3) public charities a chance to raise funds for their organizations by promoting ticket sales to the Charles Schwab Cup Championship, the Champions Tour’s final event of the season, to be held October 29-November 4 at the Desert Mountain Club’s Cochise Course
TICKETS Fore CHARITY enables participating charities to promote the sale of tournament tickets to benefit their organization. 100 percent of net proceeds from each ticket will benefit the selling organization.
This marks the third year of the Charles Schwab Cup Championship TICKETS Fore CHARITY program. A total of 72 charities participated in TICKETS Fore CHARITY in 2011 and generated more than $50,000 for nonprofit organizations in the greater Bay Area.
“The TICKETS Fore CHARITY program is a fun way for participating charities to raise funds at absolutely no cost to their organization,” said Ian Knight, Executive Director of the Charles Schwab Cup Championship. “Fans will have the opportunity to watch some of the most celebrated players of our generation compete at Desert Mountain, while generating revenue for charitable organizations in the community.”
For more information on the program or to find out how your non-profit organization can participate in TICKETS Fore CHARITY, please visit the TICKETS Fore CHARITY website at www.schwabcuptfc.com or contact Kristi Lee Fowlks in the tournament office. Tickets are $20 for an Any Day Grounds Ticket to the Charles Schwab Cup Championship good Wednesday, October 31 – Sunday, November 4.
Featuring the top-30 points leaders of the season, the Charles Schwab Cup Championship is the culminating event in the Champions Tour’s “Road to the Charles Schwab Cup,” a year-long competition that awards points to top-10 finishers and ties in 25 official money events. Players such as Fred Couples, Corey Pavin, Nick Price, Jay Haas and Tom Watson are expected to join defending champion Jay Don Blake and last year’s Charles Schwab Cup winner Tom Lehman in the field. Both the winner of the tournament, as well as the year-long Charles Schwab Cup winner, will be crowned at Desert Mountain on November 4. Since 1990, the Charles Schwab Cup Championship has generated nearly $5 million for charity.
- Valero Texas Open, PGA TOUR Wives team up for Game Show Night 04/28/2016
- Evansville Community Benefits from Web.com Tour Event 04/27/2016
- World Golf Hall of Fame member Lee Trevino honored at FedEx St. Jude Classic Champion’s Day 04/07/2016
- Houston Golf Association Junior Golf Program receives $10K donation from Shell Houston Open volunteer challenge 04/07/2016
- WATCH: The David Toms Foundation launching the future of our youth 04/06/2016
- Graeme McDowell to create once-in-a-lifetime caddie experience for wounded hero during the Masters 04/06/2016
- Longtime TOUR official Bradley brings fun with a purpose to hometown event 04/01/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives visit University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center 03/31/2016
- World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational announces partnership with LeBron James Family Foundation 03/31/2016
- Marc Leishman launches charitable foundation 03/30/2016