Limited number of tickets still available for Zach Johnson Foundation Classic on July 30
July 16, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa-- Fresh off his win at the John Deere Classic, PGA TOUR player Zach Johnson is gearing up for two big weeks ahead. Next week he will be playing in the Open Championship at Royal Lytham St. Anne, Lytham St Annes in Lancashire, England and the week following he will be back in Cedar Rapids to host the second annual Zach Johnson Foundation Classic.
Last year, close to 5,000 spectators watched Zach and some of his fellow PGA TOUR players compete with celebrities and local amateurs in the inaugural event. Elmcrest Country Club is preparing for an even bigger crowd this year. More than 4,500 people already have tickets for this year's event, and there are only a few thousand more available.
"It’s hard to believe the event is in two weeks already,” said Johnson. “It feels like just yesterday we did the first Classic and I’m incredibly excited about this year’s event. We have a great group of players coming in and I can’t wait for the spectators to see all of the new things we’re doing,” Johnson said.
The Zach Johnson Foundation Classic will take place Monday, July 30 at Elmcrest Country Club with the gala the night before at the Marriott Hotel in Cedar Rapids. The gala includes dinner, an auction and entertainment and is exclusively for event sponsors, players and their guests. At this year’s tournament, Zach Johnson Foundation Classic merchandise will be available for sale and for the first 1,000 kids who visit the merchandise tent free event t-shirts will be given away.
You can purchase tickets for the event at Cedar Rapids Hy-Vee Food and Drug Stores, Guaranty Bank locations and Ellis, Twin Pines and Hunters Ridge golf courses. They are also available at www.zachjohnsongolf.com. Adult tickets are $20 and junior tickets (12 & under) are $10.
Last year’s inaugural event raised more than $1 million. Those dollars support Kids on Course, a pilot program at Van Buren Elementary and Harrison Elementary Schools. The Zach Johnson Foundation fully funds the program and developed it in collaboration with the Cedar Rapids Community School District and the United Way of East Central Iowa. The mission of Kids on Course is to empower students by nurturing their interests and providing opportunities to foster in them the confidence to realize their academic and individual potential.
For more details about the 2012 Zach Johnson Foundation Classic, visit www.zachjohnsongolf.com.
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour player families visit children's hospital during BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX 05/17/2013
- VIDEO: PGA TOUR $2 Billion & Beyond -- Verlyncia's Story 05/16/2013
- Leishman hoping golf can help heal Newtown 05/16/2013
- Zach Johnson Foundation to host charity volleyball tournament benefitting Iowa children on May 17 05/15/2013
- PHOTOS: Adamonis hosts Fathers for a Cure Golf Classic in Rhode Island 05/15/2013
- Junior golfer playing 50 courses in 50 days to raise funds for education 05/14/2013
- PGA TOUR helps Make-A-Wish grant trip of a lifetime to THE PLAYERS 05/10/2013
- Caddies take aim at TPC Sawgrass to honor one of their own 05/08/2013
- PGA TOUR players trade clubs for caddie bibs at TOUR Wives Golf Classic 05/07/2013
- Pairings for TOUR Wives Golf Classic released 05/06/2013