Limited number of tickets still available for Zach Johnson Foundation Classic on July 30
July 16, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa-- Fresh off his win at the John Deere Classic, PGA TOUR player Zach Johnson is gearing up for two big weeks ahead. Next week he will be playing in the Open Championship at Royal Lytham St. Anne, Lytham St Annes in Lancashire, England and the week following he will be back in Cedar Rapids to host the second annual Zach Johnson Foundation Classic.
Last year, close to 5,000 spectators watched Zach and some of his fellow PGA TOUR players compete with celebrities and local amateurs in the inaugural event. Elmcrest Country Club is preparing for an even bigger crowd this year. More than 4,500 people already have tickets for this year's event, and there are only a few thousand more available.
"It’s hard to believe the event is in two weeks already,” said Johnson. “It feels like just yesterday we did the first Classic and I’m incredibly excited about this year’s event. We have a great group of players coming in and I can’t wait for the spectators to see all of the new things we’re doing,” Johnson said.
The Zach Johnson Foundation Classic will take place Monday, July 30 at Elmcrest Country Club with the gala the night before at the Marriott Hotel in Cedar Rapids. The gala includes dinner, an auction and entertainment and is exclusively for event sponsors, players and their guests. At this year’s tournament, Zach Johnson Foundation Classic merchandise will be available for sale and for the first 1,000 kids who visit the merchandise tent free event t-shirts will be given away.
You can purchase tickets for the event at Cedar Rapids Hy-Vee Food and Drug Stores, Guaranty Bank locations and Ellis, Twin Pines and Hunters Ridge golf courses. They are also available at www.zachjohnsongolf.com. Adult tickets are $20 and junior tickets (12 & under) are $10.
Last year’s inaugural event raised more than $1 million. Those dollars support Kids on Course, a pilot program at Van Buren Elementary and Harrison Elementary Schools. The Zach Johnson Foundation fully funds the program and developed it in collaboration with the Cedar Rapids Community School District and the United Way of East Central Iowa. The mission of Kids on Course is to empower students by nurturing their interests and providing opportunities to foster in them the confidence to realize their academic and individual potential.
For more details about the 2012 Zach Johnson Foundation Classic, visit www.zachjohnsongolf.com.
- Principal Charity Classic's “FORE Our Kids” named 2013 Champions Tour Charity of the Year 12/12/2013
- Brian Gay Invitational raises more than $410,000 to benefit Florida Hospital for Children 12/11/2013
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship announces record-setting charitable donation 12/10/2013
- Words with Friends competition leads to $10,000 First Tee donation 12/09/2013
- Darlene Riggs named 2013 PGA TOUR Volunteer of the Year for commitment to THE PLAYERS Championship 12/06/2013
- Memory Matters named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year 12/06/2013
- Kathy Evans named 2013 Champions Tour Volunteer of the Year 12/06/2013
- PHOTOS: Kevin Chappell visits Children's Hospital Central California 12/05/2013
- KJ Choi pledges $100,000 to Typhoon Haiyan Relief in the Philippines 12/04/2013
- Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity 12/04/2013