TOUR Championship by Coca-Cola to honor U.S. military members
July 5, 2012
By PGA TOUR Staff
ATLANTA—With military in mind during the Fourth of July holiday, officials with the TOUR Championship by Coca-Cola announced several military initiatives for this year’s finale to the PGA TOUR Playoffs for the FedExCup, September 17-23 at historic East Lake Golf Club.
The TOUR Championship by Coca-Cola supports the men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces and their families through a variety of Birdies for the Brave military outreach activities that will be taking place throughout tournament week.
To show appreciation to the members of the military, the TOUR Championship is inviting all active-duty, retired and reserve military members and their dependents to attend the tournament all week free of charge, with a valid military ID. New this year, the tournament will extend discounted tickets to non-retired military veterans. Tickets will be available through the Veterans Advantage card at a 50-percent discount. For more information and to obtain ticket(s), click here www.BirdiesfortheBrave.org.
“We are happy to support our nation’s men and women in uniform and their families,” said Executive Director Todd Rhinehart. “The tournament, the PGA TOUR and our players value the sacrifice that the men and women in uniform and their families make for our country.”
The tournament will host all military members at the Birdies for the Brave Patriots’ Outpost presented by Kipper Tool. The Birdies for the Brave Patriots’ Outpost, a hospitality venue dedicated exclusively to military members and their dependents, will serve as their home base at the tournament. Open Thursday through Sunday, The Patriots’ Outpost provides complimentary food and beverages, as well as views of the 16th green. Food donors include Chick-fil-A, Coca-Cola, Nature Valley and Blue Bell Ice Cream.
- KJ Choi pledges $100,000 to Typhoon Haiyan Relief in the Philippines 12/04/2013
- Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity 12/04/2013
- Hyundai Tournament of Champions announces 5K run/walk to benefit children fighting cancer 12/02/2013
- Web.com Tour's Price Cutter Charity Championship nears $11 million in charitable giving 12/02/2013
- Q&A: PGA TOUR Wives share what they are most thankful for this season 11/28/2013
- Kate & Justin Rose Foundation helps Orlando student share love of reading 11/25/2013
- VIDEO: 2012 Travelers Championship Charity Celebration 11/24/2013
- Chappell builds support for cancer program at Children's Hospital Central California 11/22/2013
- THE PLAYERS Giving Back Month concludes with Red Coat Ride Out 11/22/2013
- Rotary Club of Kona receives $55,000 donation from 2013 Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai 11/22/2013