TOUR Championship by Coca-Cola to honor U.S. military members
July 5, 2012
By PGA TOUR Staff
ATLANTA—With military in mind during the Fourth of July holiday, officials with the TOUR Championship by Coca-Cola announced several military initiatives for this year’s finale to the PGA TOUR Playoffs for the FedExCup, September 17-23 at historic East Lake Golf Club.
The TOUR Championship by Coca-Cola supports the men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces and their families through a variety of Birdies for the Brave military outreach activities that will be taking place throughout tournament week.
To show appreciation to the members of the military, the TOUR Championship is inviting all active-duty, retired and reserve military members and their dependents to attend the tournament all week free of charge, with a valid military ID. New this year, the tournament will extend discounted tickets to non-retired military veterans. Tickets will be available through the Veterans Advantage card at a 50-percent discount. For more information and to obtain ticket(s), click here www.BirdiesfortheBrave.org.
“We are happy to support our nation’s men and women in uniform and their families,” said Executive Director Todd Rhinehart. “The tournament, the PGA TOUR and our players value the sacrifice that the men and women in uniform and their families make for our country.”
The tournament will host all military members at the Birdies for the Brave Patriots’ Outpost presented by Kipper Tool. The Birdies for the Brave Patriots’ Outpost, a hospitality venue dedicated exclusively to military members and their dependents, will serve as their home base at the tournament. Open Thursday through Sunday, The Patriots’ Outpost provides complimentary food and beverages, as well as views of the 16th green. Food donors include Chick-fil-A, Coca-Cola, Nature Valley and Blue Bell Ice Cream.
- Texas-Oklahoma storm relief support at the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial 05/23/2013
- Smith turns a good laugh into a great cause 05/22/2013
- Fowler, Mahan join tornado relief effort 05/22/2013
- Beljan pledges support to Texas tornado victims 05/22/2013
- Support Oklahoma tornado victims 05/22/2013
- PGA TOUR players pledge support to Oklahoma tornado victims 05/21/2013
- Tiger Woods, Rickie Flower headline sixth annual Notah Begay III Challenge 05/20/2013
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour player families visit children's hospital during BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX 05/17/2013
- Leishman hoping golf can help heal Newtown 05/16/2013
- VIDEO: PGA TOUR $2 Billion & Beyond -- Verlyncia's Story 05/16/2013