Allianz Life to Donate $1,000 per Lehman Birdie at 2012 Allianz Championship
January 9, 2012
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn.-- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America (Allianz Life) announced that it will be donating $1,000 for every birdie from Allianz-sponsored golfer Tom Lehman at the upcoming Allianz Championship, shared between the southern Florida chapters of Junior Achievement and the Alzheimer's Association. Allianz Life partners with Junior Achievement and the Alzheimer’s Association in the Twin Cities because of their focus on organizations that support improving financial literacy and providing services to seniors.
“Allianz Life is proud to work with Junior Achievement and the Alzheimer Association to further our goals of enhancing financial literacy and senior service programs.”
“This is a fun and exciting way to support the local community and we’re confident that Tom, last year’s Allianz Championship winner, is up to the challenge,” said Allianz Life Chief Marketing Officer Nancy Jones. “Allianz Life is proud to work with Junior Achievement and the Alzheimer Association to further our goals of enhancing financial literacy and senior service programs.”
In this challenge, every time Lehman shoots a birdie (meaning 1 stroke under par), Allianz Life will donate $500 each to the southern Florida chapters of Junior Achievement and the Alzheimer’s Association. The Allianz Championship runs February 6-12, 2012, at the Old Course at Broken Sound in Boca Raton, Florida.
With 15 chapters in Florida, Junior Achievement is the world’s largest organization dedicated to educating students about workforce readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy through experiential, hands-on programs. The Alzheimer’s Association enhances efforts for researching a cure and provides support and educational services to Alzheimer’s patients, families and caregivers.
The Allianz Championship is the Champions Tour's first tournament of the early-season Florida swing. The tournament includes such legends of golf as Bernhard Langer, Nick Price, and Allianz-sponsored golfers Tom Lehman and John Harris. The Golf Channel will be televising all three rounds and tournament event proceeds will benefit the Boca Raton Community Hospital.
For more information about the Allianz Championship, visit www.allianzchampionship.com.
- PHOTOS: Chile Classic's DEBRA Foundation dinner 03/07/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship to provide free military admission 03/07/2014
- Seventh annual Stater Bros. Charities Dave Stockton Heroes Challenge tees off March 10 03/07/2014
- VIDEO: The First Tee arrives in Chile 03/05/2014
- Young brain cancer survivor treated to a special day at the WGC-Cadillac Championship 03/05/2014
- The Jake raises record $2.2 million to support the Nicklaus Children’s Health Care Foundation 03/05/2014
- Barkley, Bean, Bryant and Friends Celebrity Skins Game raises over $150,000 for The First Tee 03/04/2014
- The Presidents Cup announces record charitable amount of $5 million-plus 03/04/2014
- VIDEO: McIlroy to auction Bose bags for charity 03/01/2014
- VIDEO: Rory McIlroy visits a children's cancer center in Northern Ireland 02/27/2014