Allianz Life to Donate $1,000 per Lehman Birdie at 2012 Allianz Championship
January 9, 2012
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn.-- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America (Allianz Life) announced that it will be donating $1,000 for every birdie from Allianz-sponsored golfer Tom Lehman at the upcoming Allianz Championship, shared between the southern Florida chapters of Junior Achievement and the Alzheimer's Association. Allianz Life partners with Junior Achievement and the Alzheimer’s Association in the Twin Cities because of their focus on organizations that support improving financial literacy and providing services to seniors.
“Allianz Life is proud to work with Junior Achievement and the Alzheimer Association to further our goals of enhancing financial literacy and senior service programs.”
“This is a fun and exciting way to support the local community and we’re confident that Tom, last year’s Allianz Championship winner, is up to the challenge,” said Allianz Life Chief Marketing Officer Nancy Jones. “Allianz Life is proud to work with Junior Achievement and the Alzheimer Association to further our goals of enhancing financial literacy and senior service programs.”
In this challenge, every time Lehman shoots a birdie (meaning 1 stroke under par), Allianz Life will donate $500 each to the southern Florida chapters of Junior Achievement and the Alzheimer’s Association. The Allianz Championship runs February 6-12, 2012, at the Old Course at Broken Sound in Boca Raton, Florida.
With 15 chapters in Florida, Junior Achievement is the world’s largest organization dedicated to educating students about workforce readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy through experiential, hands-on programs. The Alzheimer’s Association enhances efforts for researching a cure and provides support and educational services to Alzheimer’s patients, families and caregivers.
The Allianz Championship is the Champions Tour's first tournament of the early-season Florida swing. The tournament includes such legends of golf as Bernhard Langer, Nick Price, and Allianz-sponsored golfers Tom Lehman and John Harris. The Golf Channel will be televising all three rounds and tournament event proceeds will benefit the Boca Raton Community Hospital.
For more information about the Allianz Championship, visit www.allianzchampionship.com.
- VIDEO: Gary Player reunites with First Tee Open participant he inspired 09/22/2014
- The Greenbrier Classic announces first annual volunteer charitable initiative campaign 09/18/2014
- VIDEO: Web.com Tour player Peter Malnati's special friendship with a young cancer survivor 09/16/2014
- VIDEO: Brendon Todd visits East Lake's Drew Charter School during TOUR Championship 09/10/2014
- Web.com Tour Wives give back through “Fill the Cart with Fun” campaign 09/10/2014
- Andrade, Cink contribute to East Lake's success story 09/09/2014
- Chris Wilson kicks off campaign in support of Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation 09/09/2014
- The First Tee of Massachusetts expands with help of matching grant 08/28/2014
- Team International wins 2014 Notah Begay III Foundation Challenge 08/28/2014
- Deutsche Bank Championship hosts sixth annual 'Healthy Packs' event 08/28/2014