Allianz Life to Donate $1,000 per Lehman Birdie at 2012 Allianz Championship
January 9, 2012
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn.-- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America (Allianz Life) announced that it will be donating $1,000 for every birdie from Allianz-sponsored golfer Tom Lehman at the upcoming Allianz Championship, shared between the southern Florida chapters of Junior Achievement and the Alzheimer's Association. Allianz Life partners with Junior Achievement and the Alzheimer’s Association in the Twin Cities because of their focus on organizations that support improving financial literacy and providing services to seniors.
“Allianz Life is proud to work with Junior Achievement and the Alzheimer Association to further our goals of enhancing financial literacy and senior service programs.”
“This is a fun and exciting way to support the local community and we’re confident that Tom, last year’s Allianz Championship winner, is up to the challenge,” said Allianz Life Chief Marketing Officer Nancy Jones. “Allianz Life is proud to work with Junior Achievement and the Alzheimer Association to further our goals of enhancing financial literacy and senior service programs.”
In this challenge, every time Lehman shoots a birdie (meaning 1 stroke under par), Allianz Life will donate $500 each to the southern Florida chapters of Junior Achievement and the Alzheimer’s Association. The Allianz Championship runs February 6-12, 2012, at the Old Course at Broken Sound in Boca Raton, Florida.
With 15 chapters in Florida, Junior Achievement is the world’s largest organization dedicated to educating students about workforce readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy through experiential, hands-on programs. The Alzheimer’s Association enhances efforts for researching a cure and provides support and educational services to Alzheimer’s patients, families and caregivers.
The Allianz Championship is the Champions Tour's first tournament of the early-season Florida swing. The tournament includes such legends of golf as Bernhard Langer, Nick Price, and Allianz-sponsored golfers Tom Lehman and John Harris. The Golf Channel will be televising all three rounds and tournament event proceeds will benefit the Boca Raton Community Hospital.
For more information about the Allianz Championship, visit www.allianzchampionship.com.
- Els for Autism Golf Challenge raises close to $12 million in five years 11/24/2015
- Callaway honors Georgia heroes at RSM Classic 11/24/2015
- Charitable impact of $2,316,623 generated by 2015 Shell Houston Open 11/13/2015
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship announces record-setting charitable donation 11/12/2015
- WATCH: Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf, College of Ozarks team up to honor veterans 11/11/2015
- THE PLAYERS Championship announces record $8.1 million generated for local charities from 2015 tournament 11/11/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives host arts and crafts event at Batson Children’s Hospital 11/09/2015
- Meet the 2015 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open National Patient Ambassadors 11/04/2015
- Jim Furyk helps kick off THE PLAYERS Giving Back Month with Dreams Come True 11/02/2015
- 2015 John Deere Classic smashes charity record 11/01/2015