Allianz Life to Donate $1,000 per Lehman Birdie at 2012 Allianz Championship
January 9, 2012
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn.-- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America (Allianz Life) announced that it will be donating $1,000 for every birdie from Allianz-sponsored golfer Tom Lehman at the upcoming Allianz Championship, shared between the southern Florida chapters of Junior Achievement and the Alzheimer's Association. Allianz Life partners with Junior Achievement and the Alzheimer’s Association in the Twin Cities because of their focus on organizations that support improving financial literacy and providing services to seniors.
“Allianz Life is proud to work with Junior Achievement and the Alzheimer Association to further our goals of enhancing financial literacy and senior service programs.”
“This is a fun and exciting way to support the local community and we’re confident that Tom, last year’s Allianz Championship winner, is up to the challenge,” said Allianz Life Chief Marketing Officer Nancy Jones. “Allianz Life is proud to work with Junior Achievement and the Alzheimer Association to further our goals of enhancing financial literacy and senior service programs.”
In this challenge, every time Lehman shoots a birdie (meaning 1 stroke under par), Allianz Life will donate $500 each to the southern Florida chapters of Junior Achievement and the Alzheimer’s Association. The Allianz Championship runs February 6-12, 2012, at the Old Course at Broken Sound in Boca Raton, Florida.
With 15 chapters in Florida, Junior Achievement is the world’s largest organization dedicated to educating students about workforce readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy through experiential, hands-on programs. The Alzheimer’s Association enhances efforts for researching a cure and provides support and educational services to Alzheimer’s patients, families and caregivers.
The Allianz Championship is the Champions Tour's first tournament of the early-season Florida swing. The tournament includes such legends of golf as Bernhard Langer, Nick Price, and Allianz-sponsored golfers Tom Lehman and John Harris. The Golf Channel will be televising all three rounds and tournament event proceeds will benefit the Boca Raton Community Hospital.
For more information about the Allianz Championship, visit www.allianzchampionship.com.
- VIDEO: Jacksonville Jaguars mascot wins THE PLAYERS 17th hole charity challenge in costume 04/16/2015
- RBC Heritage teams with Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave to honor Lowcountry wounded war heroes 04/15/2015
- VIDEO: Ben Crane teaches golf skills to Special Olympics athletes during RBC Heritage 04/15/2015
- VIDEO: Jeff Maggert's $5,000 shot for charity 04/14/2015
- Brad Faxon receives 2015 Ouimet Award 04/14/2015
- VIDEO: Padraig Harrington on Ireland's Lollipop Day and the fight against oesophageal cancer 04/14/2015
- Ernie Els partners with BirdieBox to introduce Els for Autism Box 04/14/2015
- Spend a day one-one-one and support charity with reigning U.S. Open champ Martin Kaymer at the 2015 Wells Fargo Championship 04/14/2015
- VIDEO: Jordan Spieth draws inspiration from his sister Ellie 04/14/2015
- VIDEO: Els for Autism update 04/14/2015