'Green Out' Raises $50,000 to Keep Phoenix Beautiful
February 6, 2012
PHOENIX–The Waste Management Phoenix Open’s 'Green Out' on Feb. 4 raised $50,000 for Keep Phoenix Beautiful. According to the Waste Management Phoenix Open’s ‘Green Squad’ nearly one-third of Saturday’s record crowd of 173,210 fans and nearly all PGA TOUR pros donned green gear.
“We’d like to thank all the fans, players, caddies and sponsors who wore green on Saturday,” said 2012 Waste Management Phoenix Open Tournament Chairman Alex Clark. “Combined with last year’s $35,000 to Arizona Clean & Beautiful, we’ve contributed $85,000 to two deserving organizations.”
For every person who wore green on Saturday, February 4th, the tournament host Thunderbirds will be donating ‘green’ to Keep Phoenix Beautiful–a non-profit, volunteer organization dedicated to preserving, maintaining and enhancing the beauty and environmental quality of Phoenix. The Thunderbirds began the Green Out in 2011 as a way for fans to honor and support the sustainability/green efforts of the tournament and title sponsor Waste Management.
The Waste Management Phoenix Open was played January 30 – February 5, 2012, at the TPC Scottsdale. The tournament host Thunderbirds have raised more than $75 million for charities, with more than $45 million generated since 2004. The 2012 edition will mark the 77th playing of the event, making it one of the five oldest events on the PGA TOUR (not including the major championships). Title sponsor Waste Management, Inc., based in Houston, Texas, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management services in North America. Through its subsidiaries, the company provides collection, transfer, recycling and resource recovery, and disposal services. It is also a leading developer, operator and owner of waste-to-energy and landfill gas-to-energy facilities in the United States. The company’s customers include residential, commercial, industrial, and municipal customers throughout North America. For more information on Waste Management visit wm.com or thinkgreen.com. For more information on the Waste Management Phoenix Open, visit wmphoenixopen.com.
- Deutsche Bank Championship hosts sixth annual 'Healthy Packs' event 08/28/2014
- Morgan Hoffmann walks his way to top-10 finish, raises additional $7.5K for charity 08/28/2014
- The First Tee of Massachusetts expands with help of matching grant 08/28/2014
- Justin Leonard finds a charity to come first before golf 08/28/2014
- Team International wins 2014 Notah Begay III Foundation Challenge 08/28/2014
- Third annual Keegan Bradley Charity Classic benefits cancer, opiate addiction research 08/26/2014
- The Principal Charity Classic generates $1.3 million for charity in 2014 08/26/2014
- PGA TOUR Wives host murder mystery event benefitting New Jersey children in need 08/22/2014
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield teams with Morgan Hoffmann on The Barclays walking challenge 08/21/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship distributes over $170,000 to local charities 08/21/2014