'Green Out' Raises $50,000 to Keep Phoenix Beautiful
February 6, 2012
PHOENIX–The Waste Management Phoenix Open’s 'Green Out' on Feb. 4 raised $50,000 for Keep Phoenix Beautiful. According to the Waste Management Phoenix Open’s ‘Green Squad’ nearly one-third of Saturday’s record crowd of 173,210 fans and nearly all PGA TOUR pros donned green gear.
“We’d like to thank all the fans, players, caddies and sponsors who wore green on Saturday,” said 2012 Waste Management Phoenix Open Tournament Chairman Alex Clark. “Combined with last year’s $35,000 to Arizona Clean & Beautiful, we’ve contributed $85,000 to two deserving organizations.”
For every person who wore green on Saturday, February 4th, the tournament host Thunderbirds will be donating ‘green’ to Keep Phoenix Beautiful–a non-profit, volunteer organization dedicated to preserving, maintaining and enhancing the beauty and environmental quality of Phoenix. The Thunderbirds began the Green Out in 2011 as a way for fans to honor and support the sustainability/green efforts of the tournament and title sponsor Waste Management.
The Waste Management Phoenix Open was played January 30 – February 5, 2012, at the TPC Scottsdale. The tournament host Thunderbirds have raised more than $75 million for charities, with more than $45 million generated since 2004. The 2012 edition will mark the 77th playing of the event, making it one of the five oldest events on the PGA TOUR (not including the major championships). Title sponsor Waste Management, Inc., based in Houston, Texas, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management services in North America. Through its subsidiaries, the company provides collection, transfer, recycling and resource recovery, and disposal services. It is also a leading developer, operator and owner of waste-to-energy and landfill gas-to-energy facilities in the United States. The company’s customers include residential, commercial, industrial, and municipal customers throughout North America. For more information on Waste Management visit wm.com or thinkgreen.com. For more information on the Waste Management Phoenix Open, visit wmphoenixopen.com.
- G-Mac Foundation helps to raise $700K at the 2017 Best of Ireland Dinner 01/23/2017
- CareerBuilder Challenge hosts 'Find Your Calling' 01/21/2017
- PGA TOUR joins AJGA as Official Partner 01/13/2017
- Tiger Woods Foundation, Discovery Education partner to offer digital education resources 01/10/2017
- Puerto Rico Open strengthens ties to Ricky Martin Foundation and its allies at Centro Tau 12/28/2016
- CVS Health Charity Classic reaches $20 million in philanthropic support to Southeastern New England charities 12/23/2016
- PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge presented by Myrbetriq donation leads to Boys and Girls Club program development 12/22/2016
- PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge continues to support charitable mission 12/19/2016
- BMW Championship raises $2.8 million for Evans Scholars Foundation in 2016 12/16/2016
- WinCo Foods Portland Open announces $1.25 million raised for charity in 2016 12/15/2016