'Green Out' Raises $50,000 to Keep Phoenix Beautiful
February 6, 2012
PHOENIX–The Waste Management Phoenix Open’s 'Green Out' on Feb. 4 raised $50,000 for Keep Phoenix Beautiful. According to the Waste Management Phoenix Open’s ‘Green Squad’ nearly one-third of Saturday’s record crowd of 173,210 fans and nearly all PGA TOUR pros donned green gear.
“We’d like to thank all the fans, players, caddies and sponsors who wore green on Saturday,” said 2012 Waste Management Phoenix Open Tournament Chairman Alex Clark. “Combined with last year’s $35,000 to Arizona Clean & Beautiful, we’ve contributed $85,000 to two deserving organizations.”
For every person who wore green on Saturday, February 4th, the tournament host Thunderbirds will be donating ‘green’ to Keep Phoenix Beautiful–a non-profit, volunteer organization dedicated to preserving, maintaining and enhancing the beauty and environmental quality of Phoenix. The Thunderbirds began the Green Out in 2011 as a way for fans to honor and support the sustainability/green efforts of the tournament and title sponsor Waste Management.
The Waste Management Phoenix Open was played January 30 – February 5, 2012, at the TPC Scottsdale. The tournament host Thunderbirds have raised more than $75 million for charities, with more than $45 million generated since 2004. The 2012 edition will mark the 77th playing of the event, making it one of the five oldest events on the PGA TOUR (not including the major championships). Title sponsor Waste Management, Inc., based in Houston, Texas, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management services in North America. Through its subsidiaries, the company provides collection, transfer, recycling and resource recovery, and disposal services. It is also a leading developer, operator and owner of waste-to-energy and landfill gas-to-energy facilities in the United States. The company’s customers include residential, commercial, industrial, and municipal customers throughout North America. For more information on Waste Management visit wm.com or thinkgreen.com. For more information on the Waste Management Phoenix Open, visit wmphoenixopen.com.
- Els for Autism Golf Challenge raises close to $12 million in five years 11/24/2015
- Callaway honors Georgia heroes at RSM Classic 11/24/2015
- Charitable impact of $2,316,623 generated by 2015 Shell Houston Open 11/13/2015
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship announces record-setting charitable donation 11/12/2015
- WATCH: Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf, College of Ozarks team up to honor veterans 11/11/2015
- THE PLAYERS Championship announces record $8.1 million generated for local charities from 2015 tournament 11/11/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives host arts and crafts event at Batson Children’s Hospital 11/09/2015
- Meet the 2015 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open National Patient Ambassadors 11/04/2015
- Jim Furyk helps kick off THE PLAYERS Giving Back Month with Dreams Come True 11/02/2015
- 2015 John Deere Classic smashes charity record 11/01/2015