Country Superstars Rascal Flatts to Headline 'Music for Champions' Benefit
February 28, 2012
ORLANDO, Fla.-- The first ever Music for Champions, a concert benefiting Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and the T.J. Martell Foundation will take place on Monday, March 19th at Hard Rock Live in Orlando, Florida. This music event will benefit the two charities and serve as a kick off to the 2012 Arnold Palmer Invitational Presented by MasterCard, which will be held March 19-25 at the Bay Hill Club and Lodge.
Music for Champions is a high-profile, festive event that will feature a magical evening of performances by Rascal Flatts and other artists. The concert will bring celebrities together with business, medical, music and sports industry executives to raise awareness and funds for innovative cancer research. Sponsors and VIP guests will have the opportunity to attend a private pre-concert reception in the Lennon Room and the outdoor patio upstairs beginning at 6pm and receive premium seating. The evening will also feature a live auction of unique, one- of-a-kind items.
The concert will start at 7:30pm, with doors opening to general ticket holders at 6:30pm. Tickets will range from $50 to $125 on Ticketmaster, and sponsorships are available beginning at $1,200.
Founded in 1975, the T. J. Martell Foundation is the music industry's largest foundation that funds innovative medical research focused on finding cures for leukemia, cancer and AIDS. The Foundation supports creative early-stage research projects aimed at developing more effective clinical treatments for patients, which otherwise might not be funded. The Foundation began with a promise music industry executive Tony Martell made to his son, T.J. who was diagnosed with leukemia in 1973. T.J. asked his father to raise a million dollars so no one else would have to experience suffering as he did, his father agreed. Two years later, T.J. died and Tony honored his promise to his beloved son. A fundraising event in T.J.'s memory raised $50,000 towards that promise. With the help of friends in the music industry, Tony Martell founded the T.J. Martell Foundation for Leukemia, Cancer and AIDS research in 1975. Since then, the Foundation has raised over $250 million. In 2012 the Foundation will fund research projects at 11 institutions around the country including Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children.
Concert and ticket information is available at www.MusicForChampions.com.
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour player families visit children's hospital during BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX 05/17/2013
- VIDEO: PGA TOUR $2 Billion & Beyond -- Verlyncia's Story 05/16/2013
- Leishman hoping golf can help heal Newtown 05/16/2013
- Zach Johnson Foundation to host charity volleyball tournament benefitting Iowa children on May 17 05/15/2013
- PHOTOS: Adamonis hosts Fathers for a Cure Golf Classic in Rhode Island 05/15/2013
- Junior golfer playing 50 courses in 50 days to raise funds for education 05/14/2013
- PGA TOUR helps Make-A-Wish grant trip of a lifetime to THE PLAYERS 05/10/2013
- Caddies take aim at TPC Sawgrass to honor one of their own 05/08/2013
- PGA TOUR players trade clubs for caddie bibs at TOUR Wives Golf Classic 05/07/2013
- Pairings for TOUR Wives Golf Classic released 05/06/2013