Golf Channel Becomes Proud Media Partner of The First Tee
February 22, 2012
Golf Channel will provide exposure to The First Tee in an effort to build awareness and educate and encourage involvement by its TV and online audience. Golf Channel will support The First Tee through on-air and online programming in addition to promotion to support multiple initiatives, including The First Tee Campaign for 10 Million Young People. The campaign launched in July 2011 with the goal of raising $100 million to enable the organization to reach 10 million new young people by 2017.
“Golf Channel’s benevolence and desire to see young people positively impacted through golf will create an incredible opportunity for The First Tee—through increased exposure—to further our reach,” said Joe Louis Barrow, Jr., chief executive of The First Tee. “The relationship is very important to our current strategic plan and our goal to reach 10 million more young people.”
“As a growing company and an engine that can help drive the growth of the game, Golf Channel has a very real responsibility to give back to the game and the community we serve,” said Mike McCarley, president of Golf Channel. “Our ability to tell the stories of these remarkable young people involved in The First Tee is a commitment in which we take great pride.
Golf Channel’s involvement in The First Tee will include coverage the first Wednesday of every month, beginning March 7 throughout 2012. Additionally, Golf Channel will have expanded coverage of the organization’s annual participant events and will showcase stories of how The First Tee is impacting the lives of young people through the game of golf. Golf Channel will also draw attention to unique aspects of The First Tee’s programs, including the Nine Core Values and Nine Healthy Habits.
“The Golf Channel’s support of The First Tee is unprecedented and will be instrumental in sharing the positive impact The First Tee has on millions of young people,” said PGA TOUR Commissioner Tim Finchem. “That support can only help The First Tee grow and reach an additional 10 million young people.”
- Texas-Oklahoma storm relief support at the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial 05/23/2013
- Smith turns a good laugh into a great cause 05/22/2013
- Fowler, Mahan join tornado relief effort 05/22/2013
- Beljan pledges support to Texas tornado victims 05/22/2013
- Support Oklahoma tornado victims 05/22/2013
- PGA TOUR players pledge support to Oklahoma tornado victims 05/21/2013
- Tiger Woods, Rickie Flower headline sixth annual Notah Begay III Challenge 05/20/2013
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour player families visit children's hospital during BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX 05/17/2013
- Leishman hoping golf can help heal Newtown 05/16/2013
- VIDEO: PGA TOUR $2 Billion & Beyond -- Verlyncia's Story 05/16/2013