Schirra Named Allianz Championship Volunteer of the Tournament
February 17, 2012
By PGA TOUR Staff
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla.—The Allianz Championship, along with the Champions Tour, announced Feb. 16 that Kim Schirra has been named the Champions Tour Volunteer of the Tournament for her loyal service to the Allianz Championship.
Schirra received a Champions Tour-logoed Waterford crystal gift and is now a finalist for the Champions Tour’s Volunteer of the Year Award that will be announced at the conclusion of the 2012 season.
At each Champions Tour event, an individual is recognized for outstanding service and dedication above and beyond the expectation of a volunteer and that person becomes a finalist for the year-end award.
Ryan Dillon, tournament director of the Allianz Championship, along with tournament staff, volunteer leaders and Champions Tour officials determined the Volunteer of the Tournament by considering the qualities and attributes to select an individual who made a difference in tournament operations, consistently stepped up to take on additional responsibilities, went beyond assigned duties to create a positive outcome, set an outstanding example for others and despite hardship, handicap or inconvenience, was dependable and performed responsibilities with a cheerful attitude.
Schirra formerly resided in the Boston area, where she dedicated her time to the Champions Tour’s Bank of America championship for 10 years. Upon moving to South Florida, she jumped right in during the first year of the Allianz Championship in 2007 as the admissions and will call volunteer chairman.
“Congratulations to Kim for being named as the Champions Tour Volunteer of the Tournament,” said Mike Stevens, President of the Champions Tour. “Typical of the thousands of volunteers who devote their time and efforts throughout the year, Kim stands out as a fine example of the people who have become part of the fabric of the Champions Tour and have helped us to realize the success we enjoy. We thank her, and recognize her for her incredible dedication to the Allianz Championship.”
“Kim is just an overall fantastic person,” said Dillon. “She has an amazing attitude about life and embraces it with a positive outlook every day. That is always apparent in her efforts at the Allianz Championship.”
- Smith turns a good laugh at the Wells Fargo Championship into a great cause 05/22/2013
- Fowler, Mahan join tornado relief effort 05/22/2013
- Beljan pledges support to Texas tornado victims 05/22/2013
- Support Oklahoma tornado victims 05/22/2013
- PGA TOUR players pledge support to Oklahoma tornado victims 05/21/2013
- Tiger Woods, Rickie Flower headline sixth annual Notah Begay III Challenge 05/20/2013
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour player families visit children's hospital during BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX 05/17/2013
- Leishman hoping golf can help heal Newtown 05/16/2013
- VIDEO: PGA TOUR $2 Billion & Beyond -- Verlyncia's Story 05/16/2013
- Zach Johnson Foundation to host charity volleyball tournament benefitting Iowa children on May 17 05/15/2013