Farmers Insurance Turns Great Golf into Great Beginnings
January 10, 2012
SAN DIEGO—Farmers Insurance is making it easy for the public to help premature babies have a fighting chance at life. Between now and Jan. 29, Farmers will donate $10 (up to $25,000) to the March of Dimes for each new fan who “likes” the Farmers Insurance Open on Facebook. Farmers is kicking off 2012 by utilizing its PGA TOUR event set for Jan. 23-29 at Torrey Pines Golf Course in nearby La Jolla to help raise funds for a cause that does so much good for so many families.
A supporter of the March of Dimes for 25 years, Farmers Insurance raised $4.9 million for the organization in 2011. With a following of 2.4 million on the Farmers Insurance corporate page, when combined with the PGA TOUR and March of Dimes social media outlets, organizers believe this initiative has potential to reach millions.
Farmers is committed to giving back to the local San Diego community, as well, through a multitude of charitable programs and events. During the Farmers Insurance Open, the nation’s third-largest insurance group, will make a donation to the Monarch School for at-risk youth, take part in delivering healthy meals to 500 school children in need through Blessings in a Backpack and host a free and open-to-the-public golf clinic featuring PGA TOUR players Rickie Fowler and Charley Hoffman. On University Day, the tournament will donate tens of thousands of dollars to the colleges of participating players.
To learn more about each event, visit the Charity section of the event’s Facebook page here.
- Deutsche Bank Championship hosts sixth annual 'Healthy Packs' event 08/28/2014
- Morgan Hoffmann walks his way to top-10 finish, raises additional $7.5K for charity 08/28/2014
- The First Tee of Massachusetts expands with help of matching grant 08/28/2014
- Justin Leonard finds a charity to come first before golf 08/28/2014
- Team International wins 2014 Notah Begay III Foundation Challenge 08/28/2014
- Third annual Keegan Bradley Charity Classic benefits cancer, opiate addiction research 08/26/2014
- The Principal Charity Classic generates $1.3 million for charity in 2014 08/26/2014
- PGA TOUR Wives host murder mystery event benefitting New Jersey children in need 08/22/2014
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield teams with Morgan Hoffmann on The Barclays walking challenge 08/21/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship distributes over $170,000 to local charities 08/21/2014