Farmers Insurance Turns Great Golf into Great Beginnings
January 10, 2012
SAN DIEGO—Farmers Insurance is making it easy for the public to help premature babies have a fighting chance at life. Between now and Jan. 29, Farmers will donate $10 (up to $25,000) to the March of Dimes for each new fan who “likes” the Farmers Insurance Open on Facebook. Farmers is kicking off 2012 by utilizing its PGA TOUR event set for Jan. 23-29 at Torrey Pines Golf Course in nearby La Jolla to help raise funds for a cause that does so much good for so many families.
A supporter of the March of Dimes for 25 years, Farmers Insurance raised $4.9 million for the organization in 2011. With a following of 2.4 million on the Farmers Insurance corporate page, when combined with the PGA TOUR and March of Dimes social media outlets, organizers believe this initiative has potential to reach millions.
Farmers is committed to giving back to the local San Diego community, as well, through a multitude of charitable programs and events. During the Farmers Insurance Open, the nation’s third-largest insurance group, will make a donation to the Monarch School for at-risk youth, take part in delivering healthy meals to 500 school children in need through Blessings in a Backpack and host a free and open-to-the-public golf clinic featuring PGA TOUR players Rickie Fowler and Charley Hoffman. On University Day, the tournament will donate tens of thousands of dollars to the colleges of participating players.
To learn more about each event, visit the Charity section of the event’s Facebook page here.
- Valero Texas Open, PGA TOUR Wives team up for Game Show Night 04/28/2016
- Houston Golf Association Junior Golf Program receives $10K donation from Shell Houston Open volunteer challenge 04/07/2016
- World Golf Hall of Fame member Lee Trevino honored at FedEx St. Jude Classic Champion’s Day 04/07/2016
- WATCH: The David Toms Foundation launching the future of our youth 04/06/2016
- Graeme McDowell to create once-in-a-lifetime caddie experience for wounded hero during the Masters 04/06/2016
- Longtime TOUR official Bradley brings fun with a purpose to hometown event 04/01/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives visit University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center 03/31/2016
- World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational announces partnership with LeBron James Family Foundation 03/31/2016
- Marc Leishman launches charitable foundation 03/30/2016
- CareerBuilder Challenge volunteer John Hamaliuk donates $10,000 to Boys & Girls Club through PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 03/30/2016