Farmers Insurance Turns Great Golf into Great Beginnings
January 10, 2012
SAN DIEGO—Farmers Insurance is making it easy for the public to help premature babies have a fighting chance at life. Between now and Jan. 29, Farmers will donate $10 (up to $25,000) to the March of Dimes for each new fan who “likes” the Farmers Insurance Open on Facebook. Farmers is kicking off 2012 by utilizing its PGA TOUR event set for Jan. 23-29 at Torrey Pines Golf Course in nearby La Jolla to help raise funds for a cause that does so much good for so many families.
A supporter of the March of Dimes for 25 years, Farmers Insurance raised $4.9 million for the organization in 2011. With a following of 2.4 million on the Farmers Insurance corporate page, when combined with the PGA TOUR and March of Dimes social media outlets, organizers believe this initiative has potential to reach millions.
Farmers is committed to giving back to the local San Diego community, as well, through a multitude of charitable programs and events. During the Farmers Insurance Open, the nation’s third-largest insurance group, will make a donation to the Monarch School for at-risk youth, take part in delivering healthy meals to 500 school children in need through Blessings in a Backpack and host a free and open-to-the-public golf clinic featuring PGA TOUR players Rickie Fowler and Charley Hoffman. On University Day, the tournament will donate tens of thousands of dollars to the colleges of participating players.
To learn more about each event, visit the Charity section of the event’s Facebook page here.
- PHOTOS: Furyk wins $10K for foundation during Jacksonville Jaguars promotion 12/19/2014
- J.B. Holmes to appear in Chiari Malformation awareness comic book 12/18/2014
- WGC-Cadillac Championship names United Way of Miami-Dade as official charity 12/18/2014
- 2014 Brian Gay Invitational nets $805k for Orlando children's hospital 12/18/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship names 2015 charity recipients 12/17/2014
- Quicken Loans helps Birdies for the Brave expand access to military tickets 12/16/2014
- DICK'S Sporting Goods Open announces $1.1M raised for charity in 2014 12/15/2014
- Furyk Foundation hosts third annual 'Hope for the Holidays' 12/12/2014
- Rotary Club of Kona receives $57,500 donation from Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai 12/11/2014
- Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial announces $9M raised for charity in 2014 12/10/2014