Farmers Insurance Turns Great Golf into Great Beginnings
January 10, 2012
SAN DIEGO—Farmers Insurance is making it easy for the public to help premature babies have a fighting chance at life. Between now and Jan. 29, Farmers will donate $10 (up to $25,000) to the March of Dimes for each new fan who “likes” the Farmers Insurance Open on Facebook. Farmers is kicking off 2012 by utilizing its PGA TOUR event set for Jan. 23-29 at Torrey Pines Golf Course in nearby La Jolla to help raise funds for a cause that does so much good for so many families.
A supporter of the March of Dimes for 25 years, Farmers Insurance raised $4.9 million for the organization in 2011. With a following of 2.4 million on the Farmers Insurance corporate page, when combined with the PGA TOUR and March of Dimes social media outlets, organizers believe this initiative has potential to reach millions.
Farmers is committed to giving back to the local San Diego community, as well, through a multitude of charitable programs and events. During the Farmers Insurance Open, the nation’s third-largest insurance group, will make a donation to the Monarch School for at-risk youth, take part in delivering healthy meals to 500 school children in need through Blessings in a Backpack and host a free and open-to-the-public golf clinic featuring PGA TOUR players Rickie Fowler and Charley Hoffman. On University Day, the tournament will donate tens of thousands of dollars to the colleges of participating players.
To learn more about each event, visit the Charity section of the event’s Facebook page here.
- Watson's car nets $410K for Birdies for the Brave 01/19/2015
- Hunter Mahan to 'putt a painting' for NADA benefit 01/16/2015
- PGA TOUR Wives Classic set for Jan. 27 at Waste Management Phoenix Open 01/15/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR players visit Greenville Shriners Hospital 01/15/2015
- College of the Ozarks named 2014 Champions Tour Charity of the Year 01/14/2015
- Bubba Watson puts classic car on Barrett-Jackson's auction block for charity 01/09/2015
- Hyundai Tournament of Champions serves as vehicle for charity 01/09/2015
- Evans Scholars Foundation surpasses 10,000 alumni 01/08/2015
- Humana Challenge partners with Loma Linda University Children's Hospital 01/06/2015
- McGladrey Classic announces over $930k raised for charity in 2014 01/06/2015