Farmers Insurance Turns Great Golf into Great Beginnings
January 10, 2012
SAN DIEGO—Farmers Insurance is making it easy for the public to help premature babies have a fighting chance at life. Between now and Jan. 29, Farmers will donate $10 (up to $25,000) to the March of Dimes for each new fan who “likes” the Farmers Insurance Open on Facebook. Farmers is kicking off 2012 by utilizing its PGA TOUR event set for Jan. 23-29 at Torrey Pines Golf Course in nearby La Jolla to help raise funds for a cause that does so much good for so many families.
A supporter of the March of Dimes for 25 years, Farmers Insurance raised $4.9 million for the organization in 2011. With a following of 2.4 million on the Farmers Insurance corporate page, when combined with the PGA TOUR and March of Dimes social media outlets, organizers believe this initiative has potential to reach millions.
Farmers is committed to giving back to the local San Diego community, as well, through a multitude of charitable programs and events. During the Farmers Insurance Open, the nation’s third-largest insurance group, will make a donation to the Monarch School for at-risk youth, take part in delivering healthy meals to 500 school children in need through Blessings in a Backpack and host a free and open-to-the-public golf clinic featuring PGA TOUR players Rickie Fowler and Charley Hoffman. On University Day, the tournament will donate tens of thousands of dollars to the colleges of participating players.
To learn more about each event, visit the Charity section of the event’s Facebook page here.
- Texas-Oklahoma storm relief support at the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial 05/23/2013
- Smith turns a good laugh at the Wells Fargo Championship into a great cause 05/22/2013
- Fowler, Mahan join tornado relief effort 05/22/2013
- Beljan pledges support to Texas tornado victims 05/22/2013
- Support Oklahoma tornado victims 05/22/2013
- PGA TOUR players pledge support to Oklahoma tornado victims 05/21/2013
- Tiger Woods, Rickie Flower headline sixth annual Notah Begay III Challenge 05/20/2013
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour player families visit children's hospital during BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX 05/17/2013
- Leishman hoping golf can help heal Newtown 05/16/2013
- VIDEO: PGA TOUR $2 Billion & Beyond -- Verlyncia's Story 05/16/2013