Zach Johnson's 'Kids on Course' program to host jazz benefit
December 7, 2012
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa– On Saturday, December 8, at Harrison Elementary School in Cedar Rapids, Zach Johnson’s Kids on Course program will be hosting Jazz Wonderland, an event for the children and families of both Harrison and Van Buren elementary schools. The event will feature performances by Ray Blue and the Ray Blue Quartet, dance and music performance by 2nd and 3rd graders and clay art will be on display.
"We’re thrilled to be able to provide an event where our families can all come together to celebrate the holiday season,” said Ruth White, Program Director for Kids on Course. Jazz Wonderland will cap off the first programming session for Kids on Course for the 2012-2013 school year.
The event will be split into two time segments. Van Buren families will be attending from 1:00-2:30pm and Harrison families will be attending from 2:45-4:30pm. Each time segment will be comprised of the same performances. Media is invited to attend the event.
Kids on Course is a pilot program in its second year at Van Buren Elementary and Harrison Elementary Schools. Kids on Course is fully funded by the Zach Johnson Foundation and was developed in collaboration with the Cedar Rapids Community School District and the United Way of East Central Iowa. The mission of Kids on Course is to empower students by nurturing their interests and providing opportunities to foster in them the confidence to realize their academic and individual potential.
- Web.com Tour Wives give back through “Fill the Cart with Fun” campaign 09/10/2014
- VIDEO: Brendon Todd visits East Lake's Drew Charter School during TOUR Championship 09/10/2014
- Chris Wilson kicks off campaign in support of Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation 09/09/2014
- Andrade, Cink contribute to East Lake's success story 09/09/2014
- Deutsche Bank Championship hosts sixth annual 'Healthy Packs' event 08/28/2014
- Morgan Hoffmann walks his way to top-10 finish, raises additional $7.5K for charity 08/28/2014
- The First Tee of Massachusetts expands with help of matching grant 08/28/2014
- Justin Leonard finds a charity to come first before golf 08/28/2014
- Team International wins 2014 Notah Begay III Foundation Challenge 08/28/2014
- Third annual Keegan Bradley Charity Classic benefits cancer, opiate addiction research 08/26/2014