Zach Johnson's 'Kids on Course' program to host jazz benefit
December 7, 2012
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa– On Saturday, December 8, at Harrison Elementary School in Cedar Rapids, Zach Johnson’s Kids on Course program will be hosting Jazz Wonderland, an event for the children and families of both Harrison and Van Buren elementary schools. The event will feature performances by Ray Blue and the Ray Blue Quartet, dance and music performance by 2nd and 3rd graders and clay art will be on display.
"We’re thrilled to be able to provide an event where our families can all come together to celebrate the holiday season,” said Ruth White, Program Director for Kids on Course. Jazz Wonderland will cap off the first programming session for Kids on Course for the 2012-2013 school year.
The event will be split into two time segments. Van Buren families will be attending from 1:00-2:30pm and Harrison families will be attending from 2:45-4:30pm. Each time segment will be comprised of the same performances. Media is invited to attend the event.
Kids on Course is a pilot program in its second year at Van Buren Elementary and Harrison Elementary Schools. Kids on Course is fully funded by the Zach Johnson Foundation and was developed in collaboration with the Cedar Rapids Community School District and the United Way of East Central Iowa. The mission of Kids on Course is to empower students by nurturing their interests and providing opportunities to foster in them the confidence to realize their academic and individual potential.
- THE PLAYERS Championship announces record $7.5 million generated for charity in 2014 10/16/2014
- Shriners Hospitals for Children to bring 'hospital experience' to TPC Summerlin 10/13/2014
- J.B. Holmes, Komen of Louisville raise over $200k for breast cancer fight 10/10/2014
- Kate and Justin Rose Foundation event raises over $400k for central Florida youth 10/10/2014
- Compton inspires during Frys.com Open junior clinic 10/09/2014
- Rory McIlroy opens pediatric cancer center in Northern Ireland 10/08/2014
- VIDEO: Bubba Watson visits corn maze carved in his honor 10/06/2014
- VIDEO: Erik Compton receives the Buoniconti 'Inspiration Award' 10/01/2014
- YMCA of the Triangle named host charity of the SAS Championship 09/30/2014
- VIDEO: Gary Player reunites with First Tee Open participant he inspired 09/22/2014