Zach Johnson's 'Kids on Course' program to host jazz benefit
December 7, 2012
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa– On Saturday, December 8, at Harrison Elementary School in Cedar Rapids, Zach Johnson’s Kids on Course program will be hosting Jazz Wonderland, an event for the children and families of both Harrison and Van Buren elementary schools. The event will feature performances by Ray Blue and the Ray Blue Quartet, dance and music performance by 2nd and 3rd graders and clay art will be on display.
"We’re thrilled to be able to provide an event where our families can all come together to celebrate the holiday season,” said Ruth White, Program Director for Kids on Course. Jazz Wonderland will cap off the first programming session for Kids on Course for the 2012-2013 school year.
The event will be split into two time segments. Van Buren families will be attending from 1:00-2:30pm and Harrison families will be attending from 2:45-4:30pm. Each time segment will be comprised of the same performances. Media is invited to attend the event.
Kids on Course is a pilot program in its second year at Van Buren Elementary and Harrison Elementary Schools. Kids on Course is fully funded by the Zach Johnson Foundation and was developed in collaboration with the Cedar Rapids Community School District and the United Way of East Central Iowa. The mission of Kids on Course is to empower students by nurturing their interests and providing opportunities to foster in them the confidence to realize their academic and individual potential.
- Paul Casey Foundation committed to helping young people through sports 06/30/2015
- Compton's chance encounter with donor's aunt 06/25/2015
- DeLaet Foundation's 'Graham Slam' charity event set for July 9 06/24/2015
- Graham DeLaet wins $10K for charity from Travelers at The Umbrella at 15 ½ Challenge 06/24/2015
- VIDEO: Military moms treated to special baby shower at Travelers Championship 06/24/2015
- PGA TOUR players team up with RBC for online charity challenge 06/23/2015
- Chevron, Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic partner on contribution to Excel By 5 06/19/2015
- VIDEO: The Davis Love Foundation gives back 06/16/2015
- FedEx donates $1M to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital 06/11/2015
- 6-year-old boy to play 100 holes for cancer fundraiser 06/11/2015