Zach Johnson's 'Kids on Course' program to host jazz benefit
December 7, 2012
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa– On Saturday, December 8, at Harrison Elementary School in Cedar Rapids, Zach Johnson’s Kids on Course program will be hosting Jazz Wonderland, an event for the children and families of both Harrison and Van Buren elementary schools. The event will feature performances by Ray Blue and the Ray Blue Quartet, dance and music performance by 2nd and 3rd graders and clay art will be on display.
"We’re thrilled to be able to provide an event where our families can all come together to celebrate the holiday season,” said Ruth White, Program Director for Kids on Course. Jazz Wonderland will cap off the first programming session for Kids on Course for the 2012-2013 school year.
The event will be split into two time segments. Van Buren families will be attending from 1:00-2:30pm and Harrison families will be attending from 2:45-4:30pm. Each time segment will be comprised of the same performances. Media is invited to attend the event.
Kids on Course is a pilot program in its second year at Van Buren Elementary and Harrison Elementary Schools. Kids on Course is fully funded by the Zach Johnson Foundation and was developed in collaboration with the Cedar Rapids Community School District and the United Way of East Central Iowa. The mission of Kids on Course is to empower students by nurturing their interests and providing opportunities to foster in them the confidence to realize their academic and individual potential.
- PHOTOS: Chile Classic's DEBRA Foundation dinner 03/07/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship to provide free military admission 03/07/2014
- Seventh annual Stater Bros. Charities Dave Stockton Heroes Challenge tees off March 10 03/07/2014
- VIDEO: The First Tee arrives in Chile 03/05/2014
- Young brain cancer survivor treated to a special day at the WGC-Cadillac Championship 03/05/2014
- The Jake raises record $2.2 million to support the Nicklaus Children’s Health Care Foundation 03/05/2014
- Barkley, Bean, Bryant and Friends Celebrity Skins Game raises over $150,000 for The First Tee 03/04/2014
- The Presidents Cup announces record charitable amount of $5 million-plus 03/04/2014
- VIDEO: McIlroy to auction Bose bags for charity 03/01/2014
- VIDEO: Rory McIlroy visits a children's cancer center in Northern Ireland 02/27/2014