Zach Johnson's 'Kids on Course' program to host jazz benefit
December 7, 2012
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa– On Saturday, December 8, at Harrison Elementary School in Cedar Rapids, Zach Johnson’s Kids on Course program will be hosting Jazz Wonderland, an event for the children and families of both Harrison and Van Buren elementary schools. The event will feature performances by Ray Blue and the Ray Blue Quartet, dance and music performance by 2nd and 3rd graders and clay art will be on display.
"We’re thrilled to be able to provide an event where our families can all come together to celebrate the holiday season,” said Ruth White, Program Director for Kids on Course. Jazz Wonderland will cap off the first programming session for Kids on Course for the 2012-2013 school year.
The event will be split into two time segments. Van Buren families will be attending from 1:00-2:30pm and Harrison families will be attending from 2:45-4:30pm. Each time segment will be comprised of the same performances. Media is invited to attend the event.
Kids on Course is a pilot program in its second year at Van Buren Elementary and Harrison Elementary Schools. Kids on Course is fully funded by the Zach Johnson Foundation and was developed in collaboration with the Cedar Rapids Community School District and the United Way of East Central Iowa. The mission of Kids on Course is to empower students by nurturing their interests and providing opportunities to foster in them the confidence to realize their academic and individual potential.
- Watson's car nets $410K for Birdies for the Brave 01/19/2015
- Hunter Mahan to 'putt a painting' for NADA benefit 01/16/2015
- PGA TOUR Wives Classic set for Jan. 27 at Waste Management Phoenix Open 01/15/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR players visit Greenville Shriners Hospital 01/15/2015
- College of the Ozarks named 2014 Champions Tour Charity of the Year 01/14/2015
- Bubba Watson puts classic car on Barrett-Jackson's auction block for charity 01/09/2015
- Hyundai Tournament of Champions serves as vehicle for charity 01/09/2015
- Evans Scholars Foundation surpasses 10,000 alumni 01/08/2015
- Humana Challenge partners with Loma Linda University Children's Hospital 01/06/2015
- McGladrey Classic announces over $930k raised for charity in 2014 01/06/2015