PGA TOUR Wives honored
December 13, 2012
The presentation will be made at the 62nd annual MGWA National Awards Dinner on Tuesday evening, June 18, 2013 at the Westchester Marriott in Tarrytown, NY.
The Winnie Palmer Award is presented by the MGWA to an individual or organization who has given consistently of their time, energy and enthusiasm to those less fortunate. The award is named in memory of the late wife of Hall of Famer Arnold Palmer, who devoted much of her life to charity work.
President Amy Wilson, wife of Mark Wilson, will accept the award on behalf of the PGA TOUR Wives.
Receipt of the Winnie Palmer Award comes in conjunction with the 25th anniversary of the PGA TOUR Wives Association. Incorporated in 1988 by wives of professional golfers on the PGA TOUR, the association's mission is to render support and provide assistance to needy children and their families through the means of charitable events. Since its inception, the PTWA has expanded to include Web.com wives, significant others of both the PGA TOUR and Web.com Tour, and individuals and companies who support the group’s charitable endeavors.
In addition to Amy Wilson, the PTWA Board of Directors comprises Meagan Laird (Martin), Kelly Bettencourt (Matt), Stacy Hoffman (Charley), Deanna Pettersson (Carl) and executive director Sara Moores.
Previous winners of the Winnie Palmer Award: Tony Wimpfheimer, 2012; Ernie Els, 2011; Betsy King, 2010; Donald “Doc” Giffin, 2009; Carolyn Cudone, 2008; Val Skinner, 2007; Peggy Kirk Bell, 2006; Rabbi Marc Gellman and Msgr. Tom Hartman, 2004; Vivienne Player, 2003; Herb Lotman and Frank Quinn, 2002; Dolores Hope, 2001; Barbara Nicklaus, 2000.
- Parker's Make-A-Wish at The Barclays 08/21/2014
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield teams with Morgan Hoffmann on The Barclays walking challenge 08/21/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship distributes over $170,000 to local charities 08/21/2014
- 2014 BMW Charity Pro-Am raises $836,883 for South Carolina charities 08/20/2014
- Graeme McDowell wins #RBCGolf4Kids social media campaign for charity 08/20/2014
- RBS grants scholarships to participants of The First Tee 08/20/2014
- Morgan Hoffmann gives back while at home in New Jersey for the FedExCup Playoffs 08/20/2014
- The First Tee of Metropolitan New York inspires young women to be heard 08/19/2014
- 2014 Rod Pampling Classic charity tournament set for Sept. 29 08/15/2014
- VIDEO: Esteban Toledo hosts First Tee clinic at Binghamton elementary 08/15/2014