PGA TOUR Wives honored
December 13, 2012
The presentation will be made at the 62nd annual MGWA National Awards Dinner on Tuesday evening, June 18, 2013 at the Westchester Marriott in Tarrytown, NY.
The Winnie Palmer Award is presented by the MGWA to an individual or organization who has given consistently of their time, energy and enthusiasm to those less fortunate. The award is named in memory of the late wife of Hall of Famer Arnold Palmer, who devoted much of her life to charity work.
President Amy Wilson, wife of Mark Wilson, will accept the award on behalf of the PGA TOUR Wives.
Receipt of the Winnie Palmer Award comes in conjunction with the 25th anniversary of the PGA TOUR Wives Association. Incorporated in 1988 by wives of professional golfers on the PGA TOUR, the association's mission is to render support and provide assistance to needy children and their families through the means of charitable events. Since its inception, the PTWA has expanded to include Web.com wives, significant others of both the PGA TOUR and Web.com Tour, and individuals and companies who support the group’s charitable endeavors.
In addition to Amy Wilson, the PTWA Board of Directors comprises Meagan Laird (Martin), Kelly Bettencourt (Matt), Stacy Hoffman (Charley), Deanna Pettersson (Carl) and executive director Sara Moores.
Previous winners of the Winnie Palmer Award: Tony Wimpfheimer, 2012; Ernie Els, 2011; Betsy King, 2010; Donald “Doc” Giffin, 2009; Carolyn Cudone, 2008; Val Skinner, 2007; Peggy Kirk Bell, 2006; Rabbi Marc Gellman and Msgr. Tom Hartman, 2004; Vivienne Player, 2003; Herb Lotman and Frank Quinn, 2002; Dolores Hope, 2001; Barbara Nicklaus, 2000.
- Smith turns a good laugh at the Wells Fargo Championship into a great cause 05/22/2013
- Fowler, Mahan join tornado relief effort 05/22/2013
- Beljan pledges support to Texas tornado victims 05/22/2013
- Support Oklahoma tornado victims 05/22/2013
- PGA TOUR players pledge support to Oklahoma tornado victims 05/21/2013
- Tiger Woods, Rickie Flower headline sixth annual Notah Begay III Challenge 05/20/2013
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour player families visit children's hospital during BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX 05/17/2013
- Leishman hoping golf can help heal Newtown 05/16/2013
- VIDEO: PGA TOUR $2 Billion & Beyond -- Verlyncia's Story 05/16/2013
- Zach Johnson Foundation to host charity volleyball tournament benefitting Iowa children on May 17 05/15/2013