PGA TOUR Wives honored
December 13, 2012
The presentation will be made at the 62nd annual MGWA National Awards Dinner on Tuesday evening, June 18, 2013 at the Westchester Marriott in Tarrytown, NY.
The Winnie Palmer Award is presented by the MGWA to an individual or organization who has given consistently of their time, energy and enthusiasm to those less fortunate. The award is named in memory of the late wife of Hall of Famer Arnold Palmer, who devoted much of her life to charity work.
President Amy Wilson, wife of Mark Wilson, will accept the award on behalf of the PGA TOUR Wives.
Receipt of the Winnie Palmer Award comes in conjunction with the 25th anniversary of the PGA TOUR Wives Association. Incorporated in 1988 by wives of professional golfers on the PGA TOUR, the association's mission is to render support and provide assistance to needy children and their families through the means of charitable events. Since its inception, the PTWA has expanded to include Web.com wives, significant others of both the PGA TOUR and Web.com Tour, and individuals and companies who support the group’s charitable endeavors.
In addition to Amy Wilson, the PTWA Board of Directors comprises Meagan Laird (Martin), Kelly Bettencourt (Matt), Stacy Hoffman (Charley), Deanna Pettersson (Carl) and executive director Sara Moores.
Previous winners of the Winnie Palmer Award: Tony Wimpfheimer, 2012; Ernie Els, 2011; Betsy King, 2010; Donald “Doc” Giffin, 2009; Carolyn Cudone, 2008; Val Skinner, 2007; Peggy Kirk Bell, 2006; Rabbi Marc Gellman and Msgr. Tom Hartman, 2004; Vivienne Player, 2003; Herb Lotman and Frank Quinn, 2002; Dolores Hope, 2001; Barbara Nicklaus, 2000.
- Help injured veterans by joining the World’s Largest Golf Outing on August 3 07/30/2015
- Woods, Fowler take on 19th hole for charity at Quicken Loans National 07/29/2015
- Quicken Loans continues commitment to providing access to military tickets for PGA TOUR events 07/28/2015
- Wyndham Championship takes on childhood hunger in North Carolina's Piedmont Triad 07/24/2015
- Over $500K donated through #RBCGolf4Kids charity challenge 07/23/2015
- David Hearn launches foundation in support of the Alzheimer Society 07/23/2015
- Honda Classic sets charity record despite massive storm 07/23/2015
- Justin Rose named 2015 Spirit of Golf award recipient 07/20/2015
- Birdies for Charity helps kids in the Quad Cities 07/10/2015
- Jordan Spieth to participate in Caddy For A Cure during Quicken Loans National pro-am 07/10/2015