PNC Father/Son Challenge contributes to Orlando causes
December 19, 2012
ORLANDO, Fla.– The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE: PNC) today contributed $150,000 to Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children as part of the company’s support of the Father/Son Challenge, the family-oriented golf championship event in Orlando this weekend.
Arnold Palmer was joined in the hospital’s atrium by PNC Florida West Regional President Joseph Meterchick to announce the donation to the region’s only children’s hospital ranked among “America’s Best Children’s Hospitals” by U.S. News & World Report.
PNC also donated $5,000 to support the First Tee of Central Florida, which promotes honesty, respect and sportsmanship among children through golf. On Dec. 13, 2012 children experienced golf for the first time during a PNC-sponsored clinic with pro golfer Billy Andre at The Ritz Carlton Golf Club at Grand Lakes Resort, site of the tournament.
“The PNC Father/Son Challenge has always been an event that celebrates family as much as it does championship golf, and like my fellow pros, and fans of the game, I am thankful for PNC’s support,” Palmer said. “This generous contribution will help our hospital to better serve Central Florida families.”
The championship event, which returned after a three-year hiatus thanks to PNC’s title sponsorship, is this Saturday and Sunday. Palmer and James E. Rohr, PNC chairman and chief executive officer, have a long-term relationship that stems from their western Pennsylvania ties. The tournament will be broadcast nationally on NBC.
"PNC's support of the Father/Son Challenge reflects the values and focus on family and relationships that we share with Arnold and the partners who helped to bring back this tournament,” Meterchick said. “This sponsorship supports the game of golf for families along with a great cause in Arnold Palmer Hospital”
PNC also is the presenting sponsor of the radiothon with MIX 105.1 to benefit Greater Orlando Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. Pledges are being accepted from Dec. 13-16.
- PHOTOS: Charity Tuesday at the Waste Management Phoenix Open 02/03/2016
- Farmers Insurance Open volunteer Ed Luce of San Marco wins PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 02/02/2016
- Valero Texas Open, PGA TOUR Wives team up for "Game Show Night" 02/02/2016
- VIDEO: Tiger Woods reflects on his foundation's 20-year history 02/02/2016
- San Diego native Pat Perez hosts clinic for wounded veterans 01/27/2016
- Dell, PGA TOUR name five charities as Austin-Area beneficiaries for World Golf Championships-Dell Match Play 01/27/2016
- Fresh off Abu Dhabi win, Fowler shines during First Tee clinic in San Diego 01/26/2016
- Military family awarded mortgage-free home during CareerBuilder Challenge 01/25/2016
- CareerBuilder Challenge volunteer John Hamaliuk wins PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 01/23/2016
- Purple Heart recipients honored during CareerBuilder Challenge 01/23/2016