PNC Father/Son Challenge contributes to Orlando causes
December 19, 2012
ORLANDO, Fla.– The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE: PNC) today contributed $150,000 to Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children as part of the company’s support of the Father/Son Challenge, the family-oriented golf championship event in Orlando this weekend.
Arnold Palmer was joined in the hospital’s atrium by PNC Florida West Regional President Joseph Meterchick to announce the donation to the region’s only children’s hospital ranked among “America’s Best Children’s Hospitals” by U.S. News & World Report.
PNC also donated $5,000 to support the First Tee of Central Florida, which promotes honesty, respect and sportsmanship among children through golf. On Dec. 13, 2012 children experienced golf for the first time during a PNC-sponsored clinic with pro golfer Billy Andre at The Ritz Carlton Golf Club at Grand Lakes Resort, site of the tournament.
“The PNC Father/Son Challenge has always been an event that celebrates family as much as it does championship golf, and like my fellow pros, and fans of the game, I am thankful for PNC’s support,” Palmer said. “This generous contribution will help our hospital to better serve Central Florida families.”
The championship event, which returned after a three-year hiatus thanks to PNC’s title sponsorship, is this Saturday and Sunday. Palmer and James E. Rohr, PNC chairman and chief executive officer, have a long-term relationship that stems from their western Pennsylvania ties. The tournament will be broadcast nationally on NBC.
"PNC's support of the Father/Son Challenge reflects the values and focus on family and relationships that we share with Arnold and the partners who helped to bring back this tournament,” Meterchick said. “This sponsorship supports the game of golf for families along with a great cause in Arnold Palmer Hospital”
PNC also is the presenting sponsor of the radiothon with MIX 105.1 to benefit Greater Orlando Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. Pledges are being accepted from Dec. 13-16.
- VIDEO: Players make a special hospital visit during Allianz Championship 02/26/2015
- Jonas Blixt makes a young cancer survivor's dream come true 02/25/2015
- Fifth annual Els for Autism Golf Challenge kicks off 02/25/2015
- The Els Center of Excellence to welcome first students in August 02/25/2015
- PHOTOS: Mahan teams with sponsor to raise funds for NADA Charitable Foundation 02/24/2015
- Marco Dawson nets $10K for The First Tee of Lakeland with FOX Sports Shot for Charity win at Daytona 02/19/2015
- Web.com Tour Championship, City of Jacksonville donate $408K to The First Tee 02/18/2015
- Greg and Nicole Chalmers launch autism support organization 02/13/2015
- VIDEO: AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am fan’s eye view – Tim Lang 02/13/2015
- VIDEO: AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am fan’s eye view – Katie Horsford 02/13/2015