PGA TOUR employees bring holiday gifts to families in need
December 19, 2012
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla.- PGA TOUR employees and THE PLAYERS Championship celebrated the holidays by providing Christmas gifts for 330 children in the St. Johns County School District Head Start Program. Large trucks delivered the 1,800 wrapped packages earlier today for the students and their siblings. The St. Johns County Head Start Program is a child development program offering comprehensive services for eligible, low-income children and their families.
The PGA TOUR is committed to making a positive impact on the community, summarized by its "Together, Anything's Possible" campaign. Here in Northeast Florida, that giving back spirit is illustrated through THE PLAYERS. Since 1977, when THE PLAYERS moved to Ponte Vedra, more than $52 million has been contributed to Northeast Florida charities, including a record $6.5 million donation in 2012. In addition to donating millions to local charities, THE PLAYERS and the PGA TOUR encourages its employees to get involved through volunteer and charity programs, including the Christmas gift delivery.
- Lowcountry Foundation for Wounded Military Heroes raises funds for Birdies for the Brave homefront groups 05/19/2015
- Join the Crowne Plaza Invitational At Colonial's "Always On Charity Challenge" 05/18/2015
- Doyle Glass, Leigh Colpack named Regions Tradition Volunteers of the Year 05/18/2015
- Inaugural Lincoln Awards: A Concert for Veterans & the Military Family airs on PBS May 22 05/15/2015
- CBS To Air "PGA REACH: Impacting Lives Through Golf" Special May 16 05/14/2015
- Big Break: Warrior Edition honors military veterans with television-inspired golf skills competition 05/14/2015
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour Wives collect donated items for New Foundations Home for Children 05/14/2015
- Wells Fargo Championship teams with Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave to honor two Purple Heart recipients 05/14/2015
- Tiger Woods Foundation earns four-star Charity Navigator rating for third consecutive year 05/14/2015
- Two real-life superheroes meet at the Wells Fargo Championship 05/13/2015