PGA TOUR employees bring holiday gifts to families in need
December 19, 2012
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla.- PGA TOUR employees and THE PLAYERS Championship celebrated the holidays by providing Christmas gifts for 330 children in the St. Johns County School District Head Start Program. Large trucks delivered the 1,800 wrapped packages earlier today for the students and their siblings. The St. Johns County Head Start Program is a child development program offering comprehensive services for eligible, low-income children and their families.
The PGA TOUR is committed to making a positive impact on the community, summarized by its "Together, Anything's Possible" campaign. Here in Northeast Florida, that giving back spirit is illustrated through THE PLAYERS. Since 1977, when THE PLAYERS moved to Ponte Vedra, more than $52 million has been contributed to Northeast Florida charities, including a record $6.5 million donation in 2012. In addition to donating millions to local charities, THE PLAYERS and the PGA TOUR encourages its employees to get involved through volunteer and charity programs, including the Christmas gift delivery.
- G-Mac Foundation 'Best of Ireland' event announces $2.7M raised for pediatric hospital in Ireland 02/10/2016
- Birdies for the Brave, Callaway Golf honor wounded heroes during AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am 02/10/2016
- PGA TOUR supports GCSAA implementation of best management practices with $250,000 grant 02/10/2016
- VIDEO: Reno-Tahoe Open Foundation awards $50,000 to local charities 02/09/2016
- PHOTOS: Charity Tuesday at the Waste Management Phoenix Open 02/03/2016
- Valero Texas Open, PGA TOUR Wives team up for "Game Show Night" 02/02/2016
- Farmers Insurance Open volunteer Ed Luce of San Marco wins PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 02/02/2016
- VIDEO: Tiger Woods reflects on his foundation's 20-year history 02/02/2016
- San Diego native Pat Perez hosts clinic for wounded veterans 01/27/2016
- Dell, PGA TOUR name five charities as Austin-Area beneficiaries for World Golf Championships-Dell Match Play 01/27/2016