PGA TOUR employees bring holiday gifts to families in need
December 19, 2012
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla.- PGA TOUR employees and THE PLAYERS Championship celebrated the holidays by providing Christmas gifts for 330 children in the St. Johns County School District Head Start Program. Large trucks delivered the 1,800 wrapped packages earlier today for the students and their siblings. The St. Johns County Head Start Program is a child development program offering comprehensive services for eligible, low-income children and their families.
The PGA TOUR is committed to making a positive impact on the community, summarized by its "Together, Anything's Possible" campaign. Here in Northeast Florida, that giving back spirit is illustrated through THE PLAYERS. Since 1977, when THE PLAYERS moved to Ponte Vedra, more than $52 million has been contributed to Northeast Florida charities, including a record $6.5 million donation in 2012. In addition to donating millions to local charities, THE PLAYERS and the PGA TOUR encourages its employees to get involved through volunteer and charity programs, including the Christmas gift delivery.
- DeChambeau hosts junior clinic in advance of RBC Canadian Open at Glen Abbey 07/20/2016
- Getting to know one another keeps the world - and us - going around 07/20/2016
- VIDEO: Military homecoming at the Bridgestone Invitational 07/15/2016
- Danny Lee's birdie campaign nets $30,000 for West Virginia flood relief 07/14/2016
- Web.com Tour’s Ellie Mae Classic at TPC Stonebrae to feature Habitat for Humanity playhouse build 07/13/2016
- United Rentals teams with Birdies for the Brave to honor and empower military families during PGA TOUR tournaments in 2016 07/13/2016
- Honda Classic distributes over $3 million to charities in 2016 07/12/2016
- Help military families by playing in the World’s Largest Golf Outing 07/12/2016
- Meet Ashok Babu Kolla, 2016 Bridgestone Invitational winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 07/12/2016
- PGA TOUR players band together in support of Chalmer's autism foundation 07/06/2016