PGA TOUR pros help out First Tee in inaugural Classic at Calusa Pines
December 5, 2012
By Greg Hardwig, Naples Daily News
NAPLES, Fla.- Earlier this year, the PGA Tour created an initiative — The First Tee Campaign for 10 Million Young People — to raise $100 million for The First Tee, which introduces youngsters to the game and the industry.
That number has been surpassed, but it didn't change four tour pros from helping out The First Tee of Naples/Collier at its inaugural Classic on Monday at Calusa Pines Golf Club.
Current PGA Tour players Sean O'Hair, who's playing in this week's Franklin Templeton Shootout, and Fort Myers' George McNeill, a Calusa Pines member, were joined by former tour player Nolan Henke of Fort Myers, and Champions Tour player Chip Beck, who plays out of Grey Oaks Country Club in Naples.
- PHOTOS: Charity Tuesday at the Waste Management Phoenix Open 02/03/2016
- Farmers Insurance Open volunteer Ed Luce of San Marco wins PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 02/02/2016
- Valero Texas Open, PGA TOUR Wives team up for "Game Show Night" 02/02/2016
- VIDEO: Tiger Woods reflects on his foundation's 20-year history 02/02/2016
- San Diego native Pat Perez hosts clinic for wounded veterans 01/27/2016
- Dell, PGA TOUR name five charities as Austin-Area beneficiaries for World Golf Championships-Dell Match Play 01/27/2016
- Fresh off Abu Dhabi win, Fowler shines during First Tee clinic in San Diego 01/26/2016
- Military family awarded mortgage-free home during CareerBuilder Challenge 01/25/2016
- CareerBuilder Challenge volunteer John Hamaliuk wins PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 01/23/2016
- Purple Heart recipients honored during CareerBuilder Challenge 01/23/2016