PGA TOUR pros help out First Tee in inaugural Classic at Calusa Pines
December 5, 2012
By Greg Hardwig, Naples Daily News
NAPLES, Fla.- Earlier this year, the PGA Tour created an initiative — The First Tee Campaign for 10 Million Young People — to raise $100 million for The First Tee, which introduces youngsters to the game and the industry.
That number has been surpassed, but it didn't change four tour pros from helping out The First Tee of Naples/Collier at its inaugural Classic on Monday at Calusa Pines Golf Club.
Current PGA Tour players Sean O'Hair, who's playing in this week's Franklin Templeton Shootout, and Fort Myers' George McNeill, a Calusa Pines member, were joined by former tour player Nolan Henke of Fort Myers, and Champions Tour player Chip Beck, who plays out of Grey Oaks Country Club in Naples.
- VIDEO: 98-year-old Dick's Sporting Goods Open volunteer still going strong 08/28/2015
- PGA TOUR teams with Nike Oven to create unique Make-A-Wish experience for leukemia patient 08/28/2015
- A fitting honor for two wounded heroes at the Wyndham Championship 08/25/2015
- National Capital Open to Support Our Troops about more than just golf 08/25/2015
- Spieth makes special appearance during The First Tee Classic at Liberty National Golf Club 08/24/2015
- 2015 BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation raises more than $758K for charity 08/19/2015
- Els named 2015 Payne Stewart Award recipient 08/19/2015
- Shell Houston Open recognized nationally with Gold Level Certification by Council for Responsible Sport 08/19/2015
- Wyndham Championship supports local Piedmont Triad community during tournament week 08/18/2015
- The Els Center of Excellence opens its doors to students 08/17/2015