PGA TOUR pros help out First Tee in inaugural Classic at Calusa Pines
December 5, 2012
By Greg Hardwig, Naples Daily News
NAPLES, Fla.- Earlier this year, the PGA Tour created an initiative — The First Tee Campaign for 10 Million Young People — to raise $100 million for The First Tee, which introduces youngsters to the game and the industry.
That number has been surpassed, but it didn't change four tour pros from helping out The First Tee of Naples/Collier at its inaugural Classic on Monday at Calusa Pines Golf Club.
Current PGA Tour players Sean O'Hair, who's playing in this week's Franklin Templeton Shootout, and Fort Myers' George McNeill, a Calusa Pines member, were joined by former tour player Nolan Henke of Fort Myers, and Champions Tour player Chip Beck, who plays out of Grey Oaks Country Club in Naples.
- Lowcountry Foundation for Wounded Military Heroes raises funds for Birdies for the Brave homefront groups 05/19/2015
- Join the Crowne Plaza Invitational At Colonial's "Always On Charity Challenge" 05/18/2015
- Doyle Glass, Leigh Colpack named Regions Tradition Volunteers of the Year 05/18/2015
- Inaugural Lincoln Awards: A Concert for Veterans & the Military Family airs on PBS May 22 05/15/2015
- CBS To Air "PGA REACH: Impacting Lives Through Golf" Special May 16 05/14/2015
- Big Break: Warrior Edition honors military veterans with television-inspired golf skills competition 05/14/2015
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour Wives collect donated items for New Foundations Home for Children 05/14/2015
- Wells Fargo Championship teams with Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave to honor two Purple Heart recipients 05/14/2015
- Tiger Woods Foundation earns four-star Charity Navigator rating for third consecutive year 05/14/2015
- Two real-life superheroes meet at the Wells Fargo Championship 05/13/2015