PGA TOUR pros help out First Tee in inaugural Classic at Calusa Pines
December 5, 2012
By Greg Hardwig, Naples Daily News
NAPLES, Fla.- Earlier this year, the PGA Tour created an initiative — The First Tee Campaign for 10 Million Young People — to raise $100 million for The First Tee, which introduces youngsters to the game and the industry.
That number has been surpassed, but it didn't change four tour pros from helping out The First Tee of Naples/Collier at its inaugural Classic on Monday at Calusa Pines Golf Club.
Current PGA Tour players Sean O'Hair, who's playing in this week's Franklin Templeton Shootout, and Fort Myers' George McNeill, a Calusa Pines member, were joined by former tour player Nolan Henke of Fort Myers, and Champions Tour player Chip Beck, who plays out of Grey Oaks Country Club in Naples.
- Paul Casey Foundation committed to helping young people through sports 06/30/2015
- Compton's chance encounter with donor's aunt 06/25/2015
- DeLaet Foundation's 'Graham Slam' charity event set for July 9 06/24/2015
- Graham DeLaet wins $10K for charity from Travelers at The Umbrella at 15 ½ Challenge 06/24/2015
- VIDEO: Military moms treated to special baby shower at Travelers Championship 06/24/2015
- PGA TOUR players team up with RBC for online charity challenge 06/23/2015
- Chevron, Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic partner on contribution to Excel By 5 06/19/2015
- VIDEO: The Davis Love Foundation gives back 06/16/2015
- FedEx donates $1M to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital 06/11/2015
- 6-year-old boy to play 100 holes for cancer fundraiser 06/11/2015