PGA TOUR pros help out First Tee in inaugural Classic at Calusa Pines
December 5, 2012
By Greg Hardwig, Naples Daily News
NAPLES, Fla.- Earlier this year, the PGA Tour created an initiative — The First Tee Campaign for 10 Million Young People — to raise $100 million for The First Tee, which introduces youngsters to the game and the industry.
That number has been surpassed, but it didn't change four tour pros from helping out The First Tee of Naples/Collier at its inaugural Classic on Monday at Calusa Pines Golf Club.
Current PGA Tour players Sean O'Hair, who's playing in this week's Franklin Templeton Shootout, and Fort Myers' George McNeill, a Calusa Pines member, were joined by former tour player Nolan Henke of Fort Myers, and Champions Tour player Chip Beck, who plays out of Grey Oaks Country Club in Naples.
- Molder hits the runway at Halo Animal Rescue's 'Players and Pets' event 01/28/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives Classic at the Waste Management Phoenix Open 01/28/2015
- Watson's car nets $410K for Birdies for the Brave 01/19/2015
- Hunter Mahan to 'putt a painting' for NADA benefit 01/16/2015
- PGA TOUR Wives Classic set for Jan. 27 at Waste Management Phoenix Open 01/15/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR players visit Greenville Shriners Hospital 01/15/2015
- College of the Ozarks named 2014 Champions Tour Charity of the Year 01/14/2015
- Bubba Watson puts classic car on Barrett-Jackson's auction block for charity 01/09/2015
- Hyundai Tournament of Champions serves as vehicle for charity 01/09/2015
- Evans Scholars Foundation surpasses 10,000 alumni 01/08/2015