Starr Campbell named 2012 Champions Tour Volunteer of the Year
December 7, 2012
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. – The Champions Tour announced today that Starr Campbell has been named the 2012 Champions Tour Volunteer of the Year for her loyal service to the Champions Tour. Campbell was twice named Volunteer of the Tournament in 2012 for her roles as chair of the Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic tournament office as well as chair of the Charles Schwab Cup Championship hospitality services.
Campbell began volunteering in 1998 and her passion for volunteering runs deep. A native of Orange, N.J., Campbell grew up in Morristown, N.J. and went to college at St. Lawrence University in Canton, N.Y., earning a BA Degree in Physical Education & Sociology. She worked in the banking industry before finally settling in El Dorado, Ark. She has previously held various volunteer positions at Champions Tour, PGA TOUR, USGA and PGA of America events at Pebble Beach, Sonoma, San Jose, Newport Beach, San Francisco, Colorado, Kentucky, Ohio, Reno and, last year, Bermuda. Starr also assisted World Golf Hall of Fame legend Patty Sheehan with team requirements when Sheehan captained the 2003 United States Solheim Cup team.
“Congratulations to Starr for her Champions Tour Volunteer of the Year Award,” said Mike Stevens, President of the Champions Tour. “To be recognized as an individual who made outstanding contributions at two separate events during the year is quite remarkable and a testament to Starr’s attention to detail and ability to connect with people. Starr represents all the people who devote their time and efforts, often behind the scenes, who have helped us to realize the success we enjoy. We thank her, and recognize her for her incredible dedication to the Champions Tour.”
Campbell received her first Volunteer of the Tournament Award in Mississippi on March 18, the same day she celebrates her birthday.
“Starr leads by example, is level-headed and easy to communicate with, and approaches everyone with a warm smile and a willingness to get the job done no matter the challenge,” said Steve Nieman, Tournament Director of the Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic. “We are all very proud of Starr and look forward to her continued involvement with us in Biloxi.”
“We are thrilled that Starr is the Champions Tour Volunteer of the Year,” said Ian Knight, Tournament Director of the Charles Schwab Cup Championship. “She has an incredible amount of experience and is extremely reliable. We were very fortunate to have her with us at Desert Mountain this year.”
- J.B. Holmes to appear in Chiari Malformation awareness comic book 12/18/2014
- WGC-Cadillac Championship names United Way of Miami-Dade as official charity 12/18/2014
- 2014 Brian Gay Invitational nets $805k for Orlando children's hospital 12/18/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship names 2015 charity recipients 12/17/2014
- Quicken Loans helps Birdies for the Brave expand access to military tickets 12/16/2014
- DICK'S Sporting Goods Open announces $1.1M raised for charity in 2014 12/15/2014
- Furyk Foundation hosts third annual 'Hope for the Holidays' 12/12/2014
- Rotary Club of Kona receives $57,500 donation from Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai 12/11/2014
- Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial announces $9M raised for charity in 2014 12/10/2014
- Web.com Tour announces 2014 Volunteer of the Year 12/10/2014