Dick's Sporting Goods Open's host organization raises over $987K for charity
December 17, 2012
VESTAL, N.Y. — The Board of Directors of Broome County Community Charities, Inc. is pleased to announce their charitable donations for 2012. Numerous organizations will be receiving contributions totaling $987,906. Broome County Community Charities is the host organization of the Champions Tour’s Dick’s Sporting Goods Open.
Today’s contribution is a result of partnerships with Dick’s Sporting Goods and the Champions Tour. Additional proceeds are derived from the 2012 Dick’s Sporting Goods Open and 4th annual Wendy’s Walk for Kids.
Broome Charities’ contribution includes those organizations that facilitate in the operation of the Dick’s Sporting Goods Open, facility improvements at the En-Joie Golf Course, Tickets for Charity, area Junior Golf Programs, Wendy’s Walk for Kid’s designated recipients, the First Tee national program in conjunction with DICK’S Sporting Goods and the PGA TOUR, material donations and both the United Health Services and Lourdes Hospital Foundations.
“Broome County Community Charities, Inc. announces 2012 donations that exceed $987,906. We are pleased that we could provide significant donations for those in need in our community. These donations would not be possible without the generosity of several partners who have chosen Broome County Community Charities as the vehicle to advance their charitable interests in our community,” expressed Albert Nocciolino, President of Broome County Community Charities, Inc.
This announcement brings Broome County Community Charities, Inc.’s total donation to charity to over $11.7M since its inception in 1971.
The 2013 Dick’s Sporting Goods Open will be hosted at the En-Joie Golf Course in Endicott, NY August 12th – 18th. Tickets are currently on sale at local DICK’S Sporting Goods stores and online at dsgopen.com
- PGA TOUR players help wounded heroes enjoy a club fitting experience in New Orleans 04/23/2014
- Els and Compton unite in mission to make an impact 04/23/2014
- Woods has a new tournament -- for amateurs 04/23/2014
- Zurich Classic teams with Ernie Els Foundation in support of autism 04/22/2014
- Junior golfers Drive, Chip and Putt their way through Augusta 04/21/2014
- RBC challenges 10 PGA TOUR players to 'play it forward' in support of children's charities 04/17/2014
- VIDEO: 2013 Charity Of The Year - Memory Matters 04/17/2014
- Harris English launches birdies campaign for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital 04/17/2014
- RBC Heritage, Ernie Els Foundation turn golf blue in support of autism awareness 04/16/2014
- Jacksonville community receives 'dream' playground 04/14/2014