Dick's Sporting Goods Open's host organization raises over $987K for charity
December 17, 2012
VESTAL, N.Y. — The Board of Directors of Broome County Community Charities, Inc. is pleased to announce their charitable donations for 2012. Numerous organizations will be receiving contributions totaling $987,906. Broome County Community Charities is the host organization of the Champions Tour’s Dick’s Sporting Goods Open.
Today’s contribution is a result of partnerships with Dick’s Sporting Goods and the Champions Tour. Additional proceeds are derived from the 2012 Dick’s Sporting Goods Open and 4th annual Wendy’s Walk for Kids.
Broome Charities’ contribution includes those organizations that facilitate in the operation of the Dick’s Sporting Goods Open, facility improvements at the En-Joie Golf Course, Tickets for Charity, area Junior Golf Programs, Wendy’s Walk for Kid’s designated recipients, the First Tee national program in conjunction with DICK’S Sporting Goods and the PGA TOUR, material donations and both the United Health Services and Lourdes Hospital Foundations.
“Broome County Community Charities, Inc. announces 2012 donations that exceed $987,906. We are pleased that we could provide significant donations for those in need in our community. These donations would not be possible without the generosity of several partners who have chosen Broome County Community Charities as the vehicle to advance their charitable interests in our community,” expressed Albert Nocciolino, President of Broome County Community Charities, Inc.
This announcement brings Broome County Community Charities, Inc.’s total donation to charity to over $11.7M since its inception in 1971.
The 2013 Dick’s Sporting Goods Open will be hosted at the En-Joie Golf Course in Endicott, NY August 12th – 18th. Tickets are currently on sale at local DICK’S Sporting Goods stores and online at dsgopen.com
- Deutsche Bank Championship hosts sixth annual 'Healthy Packs' event 08/28/2014
- Morgan Hoffmann walks his way to top-10 finish, raises additional $7.5K for charity 08/28/2014
- The First Tee of Massachusetts expands with help of matching grant 08/28/2014
- Justin Leonard finds a charity to come first before golf 08/28/2014
- Team International wins 2014 Notah Begay III Foundation Challenge 08/28/2014
- Third annual Keegan Bradley Charity Classic benefits cancer, opiate addiction research 08/26/2014
- The Principal Charity Classic generates $1.3 million for charity in 2014 08/26/2014
- PGA TOUR Wives host murder mystery event benefitting New Jersey children in need 08/22/2014
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield teams with Morgan Hoffmann on The Barclays walking challenge 08/21/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship distributes over $170,000 to local charities 08/21/2014