Dick's Sporting Goods Open's host organization raises over $987K for charity
December 17, 2012
VESTAL, N.Y. — The Board of Directors of Broome County Community Charities, Inc. is pleased to announce their charitable donations for 2012. Numerous organizations will be receiving contributions totaling $987,906. Broome County Community Charities is the host organization of the Champions Tour’s Dick’s Sporting Goods Open.
Today’s contribution is a result of partnerships with Dick’s Sporting Goods and the Champions Tour. Additional proceeds are derived from the 2012 Dick’s Sporting Goods Open and 4th annual Wendy’s Walk for Kids.
Broome Charities’ contribution includes those organizations that facilitate in the operation of the Dick’s Sporting Goods Open, facility improvements at the En-Joie Golf Course, Tickets for Charity, area Junior Golf Programs, Wendy’s Walk for Kid’s designated recipients, the First Tee national program in conjunction with DICK’S Sporting Goods and the PGA TOUR, material donations and both the United Health Services and Lourdes Hospital Foundations.
“Broome County Community Charities, Inc. announces 2012 donations that exceed $987,906. We are pleased that we could provide significant donations for those in need in our community. These donations would not be possible without the generosity of several partners who have chosen Broome County Community Charities as the vehicle to advance their charitable interests in our community,” expressed Albert Nocciolino, President of Broome County Community Charities, Inc.
This announcement brings Broome County Community Charities, Inc.’s total donation to charity to over $11.7M since its inception in 1971.
The 2013 Dick’s Sporting Goods Open will be hosted at the En-Joie Golf Course in Endicott, NY August 12th – 18th. Tickets are currently on sale at local DICK’S Sporting Goods stores and online at dsgopen.com
- Alicia Malnati and Sport for Community 05/26/2016
- Birdies for the Brave teams with Callaway Golf to honor wounded heroes during DEAN & DELUCA Invitational 05/26/2016
- Texas native Ryan Palmer gets kids into the swing of things at DEAN & DELUCA Invitational 05/23/2016
- Ryan Palmer Foundation comes to DFW as Brighter Smiles Initiative 05/20/2016
- Contest winner donates $10,000 prize to United Cerebral Palsy of the Inland Empire 05/18/2016
- Constellation names Philadelphia charities to receive donations as part of 2016 SENIOR PLAYERS Championship 05/18/2016
- Joint Effort in Fort McMurray Wildfire Relief 05/18/2016
- Spieth inspires during clinic for special needs children at THE PLAYERS 05/14/2016
- David Hearn Foundation Wine Label donates to Alzheimer's Society of Canada 05/12/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives, Everbank team up for Community PedsCare event at THE PLAYERS 05/11/2016