Dick's Sporting Goods Open's host organization raises over $987K for charity
December 17, 2012
VESTAL, N.Y. — The Board of Directors of Broome County Community Charities, Inc. is pleased to announce their charitable donations for 2012. Numerous organizations will be receiving contributions totaling $987,906. Broome County Community Charities is the host organization of the Champions Tour’s Dick’s Sporting Goods Open.
Today’s contribution is a result of partnerships with Dick’s Sporting Goods and the Champions Tour. Additional proceeds are derived from the 2012 Dick’s Sporting Goods Open and 4th annual Wendy’s Walk for Kids.
Broome Charities’ contribution includes those organizations that facilitate in the operation of the Dick’s Sporting Goods Open, facility improvements at the En-Joie Golf Course, Tickets for Charity, area Junior Golf Programs, Wendy’s Walk for Kid’s designated recipients, the First Tee national program in conjunction with DICK’S Sporting Goods and the PGA TOUR, material donations and both the United Health Services and Lourdes Hospital Foundations.
“Broome County Community Charities, Inc. announces 2012 donations that exceed $987,906. We are pleased that we could provide significant donations for those in need in our community. These donations would not be possible without the generosity of several partners who have chosen Broome County Community Charities as the vehicle to advance their charitable interests in our community,” expressed Albert Nocciolino, President of Broome County Community Charities, Inc.
This announcement brings Broome County Community Charities, Inc.’s total donation to charity to over $11.7M since its inception in 1971.
The 2013 Dick’s Sporting Goods Open will be hosted at the En-Joie Golf Course in Endicott, NY August 12th – 18th. Tickets are currently on sale at local DICK’S Sporting Goods stores and online at dsgopen.com
- Els for Autism Golf Challenge raises close to $12 million in five years 11/24/2015
- Callaway honors Georgia heroes at RSM Classic 11/24/2015
- Charitable impact of $2,316,623 generated by 2015 Shell Houston Open 11/13/2015
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship announces record-setting charitable donation 11/12/2015
- WATCH: Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf, College of Ozarks team up to honor veterans 11/11/2015
- THE PLAYERS Championship announces record $8.1 million generated for local charities from 2015 tournament 11/11/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives host arts and crafts event at Batson Children’s Hospital 11/09/2015
- Meet the 2015 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open National Patient Ambassadors 11/04/2015
- Jim Furyk helps kick off THE PLAYERS Giving Back Month with Dreams Come True 11/02/2015
- 2015 John Deere Classic smashes charity record 11/01/2015