Dick's Sporting Goods Open's host organization raises over $987K for charity
December 17, 2012
VESTAL, N.Y. — The Board of Directors of Broome County Community Charities, Inc. is pleased to announce their charitable donations for 2012. Numerous organizations will be receiving contributions totaling $987,906. Broome County Community Charities is the host organization of the Champions Tour’s Dick’s Sporting Goods Open.
Today’s contribution is a result of partnerships with Dick’s Sporting Goods and the Champions Tour. Additional proceeds are derived from the 2012 Dick’s Sporting Goods Open and 4th annual Wendy’s Walk for Kids.
Broome Charities’ contribution includes those organizations that facilitate in the operation of the Dick’s Sporting Goods Open, facility improvements at the En-Joie Golf Course, Tickets for Charity, area Junior Golf Programs, Wendy’s Walk for Kid’s designated recipients, the First Tee national program in conjunction with DICK’S Sporting Goods and the PGA TOUR, material donations and both the United Health Services and Lourdes Hospital Foundations.
“Broome County Community Charities, Inc. announces 2012 donations that exceed $987,906. We are pleased that we could provide significant donations for those in need in our community. These donations would not be possible without the generosity of several partners who have chosen Broome County Community Charities as the vehicle to advance their charitable interests in our community,” expressed Albert Nocciolino, President of Broome County Community Charities, Inc.
This announcement brings Broome County Community Charities, Inc.’s total donation to charity to over $11.7M since its inception in 1971.
The 2013 Dick’s Sporting Goods Open will be hosted at the En-Joie Golf Course in Endicott, NY August 12th – 18th. Tickets are currently on sale at local DICK’S Sporting Goods stores and online at dsgopen.com
- Shaw Communications announces $1 million donation to first official charity partner of Shaw Charity Classic 06/18/2013
- Lowcountry Foundation for Wounded Military Heroes donates $80,000 to Birdies for the Brave homefront groups 06/14/2013
- Marathon of Miracles declares June 'National Golf To End Cancer Month' 06/14/2013
- Nancy Lopez to host free golf clinic in conjunction with Dick's Sporting Goods Open 06/13/2013
- Celebrities come out in support of Children’s of Alabama during Regions Tradition 06/13/2013
- PGA TOUR players bring their game to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital 06/06/2013
- VIDEO: THE PLAYERS: A week of giving back 06/06/2013
- Operation Purple Eagle Plane lands at the FedEx St. Jude Classic 06/05/2013
- Regions Tradition names Rick Alvis Volunteer of the Year 06/03/2013
- Principal Charity Classic donates specialized bike to physically-challenged boy 05/31/2013