Keegan Bradley Charity Golf Classic to aid hurricane victims in Vermont
August 3, 2012
By Emily Kay, Boston Golf Examiner
This article originally appeared in the Boston Golf Examiner.
BOSTON-- Keegan Bradley will take a break from his hectic late-summer PGA TOUR schedule to host a charity golf tournament in his native Vermont.
Bradley, who will be making his way to TPC Boston for the Deutsche Bank Championship over Labor Day weekend directly following The Barclays at Bethpage State Park in Farmingdale, N.Y., will detour northward for the inaugural Keegan Bradley 2012 Charity Golf Classic on August 27. The contest, at Bradley’s former home course, the Woodstock Inn & Resort Golf Club, will benefit the Vermont Disaster Relief Fund and its efforts to help
Vermonters recover from the devastation of last year’s Hurricane Irene.
“The day before the tournament is a year from when the hurricane hit Vermont, and it actually got absolutely hammered,” Bradley told reporters Wednesday on the eve of this week’s Bridgestone Invitational at Firestone Country Club in Akron, Ohio. “Woodstock Country Club...got absolutely devastated....We're going to raise a bunch of money, and I really think it'll start to help the people of Vermont start to rebuild and really just kind of get together and enjoy the day and be proud of our New England heritage.”
The event will kick off with brunch and a clinic with Bradley, who will return to his hometown for the first time since high school. A cocktail reception and awards ceremony will follow the 18-hole competition.
For more information about the event, please visit keeganbradley.com/charity.
- PHOTOS: Kevin Chappell visits Children's Hospital Central California 12/05/2013
- KJ Choi pledges $100,000 to Typhoon Haiyan Relief in the Philippines 12/04/2013
- Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity 12/04/2013
- Gary Player Foundation celebrates 30th anniversary by reaching new record in giving 12/04/2013
- Web.com Tour's Price Cutter Charity Championship nears $11 million in charitable giving 12/02/2013
- Hyundai Tournament of Champions announces 5K run/walk to benefit children fighting cancer 12/02/2013
- Q&A: PGA TOUR Wives share what they are most thankful for this season 11/28/2013
- Kate & Justin Rose Foundation helps Orlando student share love of reading 11/25/2013
- VIDEO: 2012 Travelers Championship Charity Celebration 11/24/2013
- Chappell builds support for cancer program at Children's Hospital Central California 11/22/2013