Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open and Shift4 Corporation announce local celebrity judges for Who’s Your Hero? campaign
August 1, 2012
LAS VEGAS– Honoring heroes in the Las Vegas Valley, the Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open and Shift4 Corporation announce Chet Buchanan, Oscar Goodman and Wayne Newton as celebrity judges to select the winners of the Who’s Your Hero? campaign.
“We are honored to have such distinguished and admirable figures in our community to assist us in naming Las Vegas’ public safety heroes,” said Dave Oder, Shift4 CEO. “The Who’s Your Hero? judges truly reflect the caliber of our future winners, men and women who go above and beyond in the line of duty to keep our city safe every day.”
Chet Buchanan is the host and creator of 98.5 KLUC's Chet Buchanan and the Morning Zoo, consistently one of the highest rated and most beloved radio shows in Las Vegas since 1999. Many Las Vegans know Buchanan from his work at UNLV basketball and football games, appearing as a frequent contributor on CNN Headline News and Fox5's "More Access," hosting the Miss USA, Miss Universe and Miss Teen USA Presentation Shows, or from his packed schedule hosting innumerable charity, corporate, and civic events.
As chairman of Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) Host Committee, Oscar B. Goodman is Las Vegas’ number one ambassador. Prior to his role as chairman of the Host Committee, Goodman served as the “Happiest Mayor in the Universe” for Las Vegas. During his tenure, he had many accomplishments in the heart of downtown including Symphony Park, a phenomenal 61-acre planned development which includes the Lou Ruvo Brain Institute. At the conclusion of his final term, he did what no other mayor has ever done in the country; swear in his wife Carolyn Goodman as the new mayor of Las Vegas.
Wayne Newton has recorded and released 158 albums to date, including the six CD or cassette box set, “The Wayne Newton Dynasty Collection.” After five decades of performing, he shows no sign of slowing down, which is great news to the multitude of fans that pack his sold-out shows all over the world. He is one of the most widely acclaimed and honored entertainers in history. Newton has been the recipient of many prestigious awards, some of which include “The Secretary of the Navy Public Service Award,” “The Air Force Scroll of Appreciation,” “Medal for Distinguished Public Service,” the “Jimmie E. Howard Award,” “The AMVET’s Silver Helmet Award in the Americanism Category,” “The USO Spirit of Hope Award” and ma
Winners of the campaign will be recognized at the Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open and be treated to VIP service at Shift4’s Public Safety Appreciation Station during the 2012 tournament at TPC Summerlin. Inside the hospitality venue, the winners will receive special honors including the opportunity to meet PGA TOUR professionals.
For more information on how to nominate a hero, visit www.shift4.com/hero.
- Brian Gay Invitational raises more than $410,000 to benefit Florida Hospital for Children 12/11/2013
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship announces record-setting charitable donation 12/10/2013
- Words with Friends competition leads to $10,000 First Tee donation 12/09/2013
- Kathy Evans named 2013 Champions Tour Volunteer of the Year 12/06/2013
- Memory Matters named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year 12/06/2013
- Darlene Riggs named 2013 PGA TOUR Volunteer of the Year for commitment to THE PLAYERS Championship 12/06/2013
- PHOTOS: Kevin Chappell visits Children's Hospital Central California 12/05/2013
- Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity 12/04/2013
- KJ Choi pledges $100,000 to Typhoon Haiyan Relief in the Philippines 12/04/2013
- Gary Player Foundation celebrates 30th anniversary by reaching new record in giving 12/04/2013