HP Byron Nelson Championship raises $5.37 million for Salesmanship Club Youth and Family Centers
August 16, 2012
IRVING, Texas– Salesmanship Club Charitable Golf of Dallas, host organization of the HP Byron Nelson Championship, announced today that the 2012 Championship raised $5.37 million for Salesmanship Club Youth and Family Centers, bringing the total raised since the event’s inception to more than $127 million. This donation represents a 4% increase over the 2011 proceeds.
Funds generated from the Championship benefit Salesmanship Club Youth and Family Centers, a nonprofit organization that provides innovative education programs and therapeutic services for more than 7,000 troubled and at-risk children and their families in the greater Dallas area each year. The Salesmanship Club provides the majority of SCYFC’s operating budget, primarily through the HP Byron Nelson Championship.
“Throughout the long months of planning for this successful event we kept our focus on one thing: why we do this,” said Robert Smith, 2012 tournament chairman. “Kids are at the heart of everything we do at the Salesmanship Club, and I’m proud that this event has such a tremendous positive impact on children and families in our community. I’m grateful to our title sponsor, HP, and the many sponsors, patrons and volunteers at our Championship who are such a big part of helping us transform kids’ lives.”
“As our primary fundraiser each year, the Nelson is critical to our ability to change the odds for kids and families who are struggling,” said David Hayden, board chairman of Salesmanship Club Youth and Family Centers. “I hope that everyone who sponsors or attends the tournament realizes that this is so much more than a golf tournament or a social event. Your participation is truly making a difference in kids’ lives.”
The 2013 HP Byron Nelson Championship will be played May 13-19 at the TPC Four Seasons Resort Las Colinas in Irving.
- Texas-Oklahoma storm relief support at the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial 05/23/2013
- Smith turns a good laugh into a great cause 05/22/2013
- Fowler, Mahan join tornado relief effort 05/22/2013
- Beljan pledges support to Texas tornado victims 05/22/2013
- Support Oklahoma tornado victims 05/22/2013
- PGA TOUR players pledge support to Oklahoma tornado victims 05/21/2013
- Tiger Woods, Rickie Flower headline sixth annual Notah Begay III Challenge 05/20/2013
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour player families visit children's hospital during BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX 05/17/2013
- Leishman hoping golf can help heal Newtown 05/16/2013
- VIDEO: PGA TOUR $2 Billion & Beyond -- Verlyncia's Story 05/16/2013