John Deere Classic to Honor Local Heroes
April 2, 2012
MOLINE, Ill.—The John Deere Classic launched its new Community Heroes print advertising campaign March 23 in newspapers that serve the Quad Cities community.
The “Heroes" campaign will appear as a half-page color ads in the Moline Dispatch and the Quad City Times. The series of ads will spotlight individuals who volunteer their time and services at the John Deere Classic. The John Deere Classic will donate $1,000 to a charity designated by each hero.
The first “hero” is Loras Schrobilgen, above on a John Deere Gator. In addition to volunteering for decades at the John Deere Classic, Schrobilgen has served as a disaster services volunteer for the American Red Cross. He has been on 12 field assignments, including New York City following the events of Sept. 11, in Florida after Hurricane Ivan, and in Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina. In the Quad Cities community, Schrobilgen has served as a volunteer for Junior Achievment, the Davenport Police Department, Little League Baseball and other civic groups.
Schrobilgen has designated his $1,000 donation be given to the American Red Cross.
Anyone interested in volunteering for the John Deere Classic may visit the tournament website and go to the volunteer page.
- Brian Gay Invitational raises more than $410,000 to benefit Florida Hospital for Children 12/11/2013
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship announces record-setting charitable donation 12/10/2013
- Words with Friends competition leads to $10,000 First Tee donation 12/09/2013
- Kathy Evans named 2013 Champions Tour Volunteer of the Year 12/06/2013
- Memory Matters named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year 12/06/2013
- Darlene Riggs named 2013 PGA TOUR Volunteer of the Year for commitment to THE PLAYERS Championship 12/06/2013
- PHOTOS: Kevin Chappell visits Children's Hospital Central California 12/05/2013
- Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity 12/04/2013
- KJ Choi pledges $100,000 to Typhoon Haiyan Relief in the Philippines 12/04/2013
- Gary Player Foundation celebrates 30th anniversary by reaching new record in giving 12/04/2013