Ryan established the Ryan Palmer Foundation to help junior golfers with financial needs pay for tournament fees or Northern Texas PGA membership dues. In November 2009, the Ryan Palmer Foundation gave $100,000 to The Children's Hospital at Northwest Texas Healthcare System in Amarillo to build the Ryan Palmer Foundation Healing Garden, which includes a nine-hole putting green. Palmer will also donate $50 per birdie and $100 per eagle to the hospital in 2010 as a part of Birdies 4 "Brighter Smiles."
Ryan had the following to say about his charitable work on TOUR:
"When I got on TOUR, I went to my dad and Billy Slaughter, who is our president of the foundation, I said, I want to start something to give back just to some local kids in our community in Amarillo, Texas. Amarillo has a huge golf series in the summertime where they have all these different tournaments, partnerships. …we came into an agreement with The Children's Hospital in northwest Texas, in Amarillo, and we were able to donate $100,000 this November (2010) to them, and we're in the process of finishing up a $400,000 project, a healing garden outside the hospital, and of course we did the rooms inside for the kids.
You see the charitable help on TOUR each and every week, the hospitals we visit and all that, and it's cool to have one in Amarillo that I can put my name on and be a part of."
To learn more about the Ryan Palmer Foundation please click here.
- CBS Sports special focuses on PGA TOUR players’ charitable initiatives 07/28/2014
- VIDEO: The Ryan Palmer Foundation 05/23/2014
- Cranes Lead the Way in Event Benefiting Children’s Charities 02/07/2012
- Rollins in Richmond 06/28/2010
- Spiderman Hole Can't Get the Best of Young Golfers 05/26/2010
- Welcome to Together, Anything's Possible 04/21/2010
- A Whole Lotta Shakin’ 03/02/2010
|FIND A PLAYER|
|FIND A TOURNAMENT|
|FIND A CAUSE|