Padraig focuses his charitable pursuits on identifying deserving beneficiaries from around the world, which the Padraig Harrington Charitable Foundation can help. In early 2010, the Special Olympics named Padraig a Global Ambassador.
Padraig is also an ambassador for the Make-A-Wish Foundation in Ireland and has been granting wishes since September 2006, when he helped to grant a wish for a young golf enthusiast to meet the Ryder Cup Teams in the K Club. He has continued to grant wishes of golf fans and has always been very generous in donating his time and resources to the charity.
In 2012, Padraig is offering "millions of euro worth of advertising space" on his tournament apparel through auction to support Gerald Byrne, the couse of Harrington's wife Caroline, who was paralyzed in an auto accident. “Gerard will need a lot of assistance in his life … so my current sponsors have agreed to allow me to offer all the branding on my clothing and bag to the highest bidder for three tournaments in March and April,” said Harrington. He added, “If somebody wants to have their branding on the front on my hat or if they want the golf bag or any other place, it’s up for auction for that three-week spell when I am playing the Shell Houston Open, the Masters Tournament and the RBC Heritage at Hilton Head. ... I am auctioning all my spots for that period and all my sponsors have agreed to give them up."
Padraig Harrington Charitable Foundation
Irish Oesophageal Cancer Fund
- VIDEO: Padraig Harrington on Ireland's Lollipop Day and the fight against oesophageal cancer 04/14/2015
- PGA TOUR pros take part in CBS Outdoor Special Olympics Open 01/29/2014
- Special Olympics North America Golf Invitational set for Oct.17-20 in New Jersey 09/10/2013
- A Hero Meets a Hero 03/16/2012
- Harrington's Special Interest 08/24/2011
- Harrington's Appointment As Global Ambassador is Special 05/12/2010
- Welcome to Together, Anything's Possible 04/21/2010
|FIND A PLAYER|
|FIND A TOURNAMENT|
|FIND A CAUSE|