Arnold is widely known for his unfailing sense of kindness and thoughtfulness, and his philanthropic outreach is one of the best examples of this. Arnold served as the honorary national chairman of the March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation for 20 years. He also played a major role in the fund-raising drive that led to the creation of the Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and the Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies, collectively known as the Arnold Palmer Medical Center located in Orlando, FL.
A long-time member of the board of directors of Latrobe Area Hospital in Pennsylvania, he staged a major annual fund-raising golf event for that institution for six years that led to the formation of the Latrobe Area Hospital Charitable Foundation.
Arnold is a prostate cancer survivor, and he lends his name and support to the Arnie’s Army Battles Prostate Cancer program, which raises research funds for the Prostate Cancer Foundation. The Winnie Palmer Nature Reserve has saved a particular 26-acre tract of land from commercial development in Latrobe and provides environmental, educational and recreational programs to area residents.
Arnold has teamed up with Centocor Ortho Biotech Inc. and the non-profit organization Us TOO International Prostate Cancer Education and Support Network to launch My Prostate Cancer Roadmap, an educational program that provides resources and information specific to advanced prostate cancer patients and those who love them. Click here to learn more.
- VIDEO: Arnie Saves Christmas 12/27/2013
- Arnold Palmer delivers 5 millionth Meals-on-Wheels (via golf cart) in Winston-Salem, NC 10/18/2013
- Junior golfer playing 50 courses in 50 days to raise funds for education 05/14/2013
- PGA TOUR players join forces in "Arnie's March Against Children's Cancer" 03/20/2013
- Arnold Palmer donates $200,000 to The First Tee of Central Florida 03/19/2013
- Finding Balance 07/07/2011
- Lehman Honored for Career and Charity Achievements 09/22/2010
- CBS Sports to Air 'The Big 3 for Mountain Mission Kids' 07/06/2010
- Player Gets Some Auction Action 06/08/2010
- A School with a Definite Mission 06/08/2010
|FIND A PLAYER|
|FIND A TOURNAMENT|
|FIND A CAUSE|