Birdies for the Brave is a military outreach initiative proudly supported by the PGA TOUR. Since 2005, the TOUR has joined with players, corporate partners, TPC club members, fans and TOUR employees to raise more than $13 million for military-homefront charities that provide vital services and programs for military men and women and their families. Birdies for the Brave was established by TOUR player Phil Mickelson and his wife, Amy.
Since the program’s inception, Birdies for the Brave has grown to include a variety of military outreach efforts, including Patriots’ Outpost military hospitality chalets and military celebrations held during tournaments; letter-writing campaigns for the troops; distribution of care packages to troops stationed abroad; awarding an honorary membership at each TPC to a Birdies for the Brave homefront group for the benefit of a local wounded warrior; and a series of fund-raising events conducted at the TOUR’s TPC Network of clubs nationwide and partner properties. This enables fans, club members, sponsors and the public the opportunity to participate in charity golf tournaments and other activities that directly benefit military men and women and their families, while at the same time play the same golf courses where the world’s best golfers compete. The Navy SEAL Foundation and Wounded Warrior Project are just two of the many homefront groups who benefit from the Birdies for the Brave program.
To learn more about the many ways the PGA TOUR supports the U.S. military and their families, please visit birdiesforthebrave.org or facebook.com/birdiesforthebrave.
The list below contains some of the players, tournaments and charities working to support our military. Click on the names to find out more information about their specific work and how to get involved.
|Players supporting Military||Tournaments supporting Military||Military charities|
Air Commando Association Foundation
Bud Cauley Foundation
Congressional Medal of Honor
Jim and Tabitha Furyk Foundation
My Childs Voice
National Disabled Veterans
Navy SEAL Foundation
Seal Legacy Foundation
Special Operations Wounded Warriors
Tee it Up For Troops
Test Charity 24
The First Tee of Oregon
The Retief Goosen Charitable Foundation
Warrior Canine Connection
Weibring Family Foundation
Wounded Warriors Inc.
- Morgan Hoffmann gives back while at home in New Jersey for the FedExCup Playoffs 08/20/2014
- VIDEO: The PLAYERS Championship gives back 06/25/2014
- PGA TOUR Player of the Month presented by Avis award program surpasses $1 million in giving 06/19/2014
- Travelers Championship hosts Operation Shower for military moms-to-be 06/18/2014
- Lowcountry Foundation for Wounded Military Heroes donates $115,000 to Birdies for the Brave homefront groups 06/06/2014
- Purple Heart recipients realize a common bond on the range 05/21/2014
- On Course member joins TPC Potomac staff 05/15/2014
- PHOTOS: Birdies for the Brave Patriots Outpost Opening Ceremony at THE PLAYERS 05/07/2014
- Wounded warriors treated to Callaway club fitting at THE PLAYERS 05/06/2014
- PGA TOUR players help wounded heroes enjoy a club fitting experience in New Orleans 04/23/2014