Birdies for the Brave is a military outreach initiative proudly supported by the PGA TOUR. Since 2005, the TOUR has joined with players, corporate partners, TPC club members, fans and TOUR employees to raise more than $13 million for military-homefront charities that provide vital services and programs for military men and women and their families. Birdies for the Brave was established by TOUR player Phil Mickelson and his wife, Amy.
Since the program’s inception, Birdies for the Brave has grown to include a variety of military outreach efforts, including Patriots’ Outpost military hospitality chalets and military celebrations held during tournaments; letter-writing campaigns for the troops; distribution of care packages to troops stationed abroad; awarding an honorary membership at each TPC to a Birdies for the Brave homefront group for the benefit of a local wounded warrior; and a series of fund-raising events conducted at the TOUR’s TPC Network of clubs nationwide and partner properties. This enables fans, club members, sponsors and the public the opportunity to participate in charity golf tournaments and other activities that directly benefit military men and women and their families, while at the same time play the same golf courses where the world’s best golfers compete. The Navy SEAL Foundation and Wounded Warrior Project are just two of the many homefront groups who benefit from the Birdies for the Brave program.
To learn more about the many ways the PGA TOUR supports the U.S. military and their families, please visit birdiesforthebrave.org or facebook.com/birdiesforthebrave.
The list below contains some of the players, tournaments and charities working to support our military. Click on the names to find out more information about their specific work and how to get involved.
|Players supporting Military||Tournaments supporting Military||Military charities|
Bud Cauley Foundation
Congressional Medal of Honor
Jim and Tabitha Furyk Foundation
My Childs Voice
National Disabled Veterans
Navy SEAL Foundation
Tee it Up For Troops
Test Charity 24
The First Tee of Oregon
The L. Charles Nicklaus Golf Scholarship Fund
The Retief Goosen Charitable Foundation
Weibring Family Foundation
Wounded Warriors Inc.
- THE PLAYERS Championship raises a record $7.1 million for charities in 2013 11/14/2013
- PHOTOS: Birdies for the Brave event at TPC Sawgrass 11/11/2013
- Feherty's Troops First Foundation announces Operation Warrior Call 11/08/2013
- Birdies For The Brave celebrates Veterans Day with fundraising events, partner promotions 11/08/2013
- EZLinks.com teams with Birdies for the Brave in support of veterans 11/07/2013
- ‘World’s Largest Golf Outing’ raises over $725,000 for Wounded Warrior Project 11/07/2013
- Auto Spot Tire Pros teams up with Birdies for the Brave 11/05/2013
- Lee Westwood helps raise over £228,600 for wounded British Armed Forces service members 10/30/2013
- Alan Alda, Joe Mantegna to host telethon benefitting wounded veterans on November 10 10/22/2013
- VIDEO: Operation Shower at the Web.com Tour Championship 09/29/2013