Birdies for the Brave is a military outreach initiative proudly supported by the PGA TOUR. Since 2005, the TOUR has joined with players, corporate partners, TPC club members, fans and TOUR employees to raise more than $13 million for military-homefront charities that provide vital services and programs for military men and women and their families. Birdies for the Brave was established by TOUR player Phil Mickelson and his wife, Amy.
Since the program’s inception, Birdies for the Brave has grown to include a variety of military outreach efforts, including Patriots’ Outpost military hospitality chalets and military celebrations held during tournaments; letter-writing campaigns for the troops; distribution of care packages to troops stationed abroad; awarding an honorary membership at each TPC to a Birdies for the Brave homefront group for the benefit of a local wounded warrior; and a series of fund-raising events conducted at the TOUR’s TPC Network of clubs nationwide and partner properties. This enables fans, club members, sponsors and the public the opportunity to participate in charity golf tournaments and other activities that directly benefit military men and women and their families, while at the same time play the same golf courses where the world’s best golfers compete. The Navy SEAL Foundation and Wounded Warrior Project are just two of the many homefront groups who benefit from the Birdies for the Brave program.
To learn more about the many ways the PGA TOUR supports the U.S. military and their families, please visit birdiesforthebrave.org or facebook.com/birdiesforthebrave.
The list below contains some of the players, tournaments and charities working to support our military. Click on the names to find out more information about their specific work and how to get involved.
|Players supporting Military||Tournaments supporting Military||Military charities|
Air Commando Association Foundation
Bud Cauley Foundation
Congressional Medal of Honor
My Childs Voice
National Disabled Veterans
Navy SEAL Foundation
SEAL Legacy Foundation
Special Operations Wounded Warriors
Tee it Up For Troops
Test Charity 24
The First Tee of Oregon
The Retief Goosen Charitable Foundation
Warrior Canine Connection
Weibring Family Foundation
Wounded Warriors Inc.
- Callaway honors Georgia heroes at RSM Classic 11/24/2015
- WATCH: Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf, College of Ozarks team up to honor veterans 11/11/2015
- Callaway Golf joins Birdies for the Brave to honor Las Vegas heroes 10/29/2015
- Callaway Golf hosts 100th Warrior Club Fitting during TOUR Championship 09/25/2015
- PGA TOUR players test their football, hoops skills in the name of charity 09/16/2015
- Hunter Mahan, Tempur-Pedic honor military at Deutsche Bank Championship 09/04/2015
- On the heels of war, a healing opportunity during The Barclays 09/02/2015
- A fitting honor for two wounded heroes at the Wyndham Championship 08/25/2015
- National Capital Open to Support Our Troops about more than just golf 08/25/2015
- WATCH: Playing with a Purpose presented by Barclays on Saturday, August 8 08/05/2015