Birdies for the Brave, a PGA TOUR Charities, Inc program is a military outreach initiative proudly supported by the PGA TOUR. Since 2005, the TOUR has joined with players, corporate partners, TPC club members, fans and TOUR employees to raise more than $6.5 million for military-homefront charities that provide vital services and programs for military men and women and their families. Birdies for the Brave was established by TOUR player Phil Mickelson and his wife, Amy.
Since the program’s inception, Birdies for the Brave has grown to include a variety of military outreach efforts, including Patriots’ Outpost military hospitality chalets and military celebrations held during tournaments; letter-writing campaigns for the troops; distribution of care packages to troops stationed abroad; awarding an honorary membership at each TPC to the Wounded Warrior Project for the benefit of a local wounded warrior; and a series of fund-raising events conducted at the TOUR’s TPC Network of clubs nationwide and partner properties. This enables fans, club members, sponsors and the public the opportunity to participate in charity golf tournaments and other activities that directly benefit military men and women and their families, while at the same time play the same golf courses where the world’s best golfers compete. The Navy SEAL Foundation and Wounded Warrior Project are just two of the many homefront groups who benefit from the Birdies for the Brave program.
To learn more about the many ways the PGA TOUR supports the U.S. military and their families, please visit www.birdiesforthebrave.org or facebook.com/birdiesforthebrave
The list below contains some of the players, tournaments and charities working to support our military. Click on the names to find out more information about their specific work and how to get involved.
|Players supporting Military||Tournaments supporting Military||Military charities|
Jim and Tabitha Furyk Foundation
My Childs Voice
National Disabled Veterans
Tee it Up For Troops
Test Charity 2
The L. Charles Nicklaus Golf Scholarship Fund
The Retief Goosen Charitable Foundation
Weibring Family Foundation
Wounded Warriors Inc.
- PHOTOS: THE PLAYERS hosts Operation Shower at TPC Sawgrass 05/04/2013
- Operation One Voice: Champions on and off the course 04/19/2013
- Magee to raise funds, create awareness for Semper Fi Fund 03/21/2013
- Fred Funk partners with Stryker, Fisher House Foundation in support of military families 03/19/2013
- Wounded service members enjoy a unique Caddy For A Cure experience during the Honda Classic 02/27/2013
- Encompass Championship Charities to make positive impact in Chicago area 02/25/2013
- Brian Gay's Player of the Month honor to benefit Birdies for the Brave, St. Jude Children's Hospital 02/19/2013
- VIDEO: The Mickelsons: Giving back one birdie at a time 02/07/2013
- Northern Trust gives $10,000 to Los Angeles Junior Chamber of Commerce and The Mulligan Project through Northern Trust Open’s TICKETS Fore CHARITY™ program 01/25/2013
- Military moms honored during Farmers Insurance Open 01/23/2013